The online racing simulator
Smoke bug on Windshield?
(18 posts, started )
Smoke bug on Windshield?
Very old bug... bug with alpha channel textures (or what), the textures with transparency
Un vieus bug? Ça fait même pas une semaine depuis le patch Y30. :P
Esperont qu'ils vont régler sa vite, c'est pas beau pour nous ça Farley. :P
Quote from Riders Motion :Un vieus bug? Ça fait même pas une semaine depuis le patch Y30. :P

yup
Quote from Riders Motion :Un vieus bug? Ça fait même pas une semaine depuis le patch Y30. :P

Je parle français aussi mais je parlerai en anglais plutôt

This bug is a bug with textures with transparency. So e.g. if you look trough the fence (example in Blackwood U-turn) and if behind the fence there is some smoke/dust or moving object, you can't see them through it.

The same case is when you look througn the windshield of FBM or FOX.
#6 - ekze
The bug is still present....
Attached images
windshield.jpg
Yeah, that bug very annoys when you are on rallycross servers. Can this be fixed, please?
Not sure exactly why it does that, I`m just a lowly modder, not a coder, but it`s a common "bug" on a lot of sims. 2 multiple alpha channels overlaying each other tend to cancel drawing of the one furthest away from you.

No idea if it`s down to hardware, drivers or coding, but I`d love to find a way round it.
This kind of bug is in various games, I think it could do with alpha channeled textures.
afaik its a common bug on Dx8 based games, Dx9 can handle multiple alphalayers better.
Is it really so hard to fix that?
Simple way to fix it would to play RBR for rally, and LFS for actual racing.
Logically.
So rally is no "actual racing"?
He meant tarmac racing as actual.
Quote from PioneerLv :Is it really so hard to fix that?

If you call recoding the entire rendering engine to use DirectX 9 'hard', then yes
Well don't you think it's about time?
Yes it is.

Smoke bug on Windshield?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG