The online racing simulator
LFS is in windows mode. Help me to change it.
I have LFS in windows mode, I can see the windows task bar. I don't now why, and can't turn it to full screen. I have tried to maximize, minimize, and many other "techniques", but I can see always the windows environment (Start button, blue task bar, time,etc... )
And worst of all, that makes me have less FPS.
I remember the first day it was full screen mode, but don't know why, it switched to "window" mode (I supose I did something wrong, but I can't remember what, and how to solve it)
#2 - vari
Shift+F4
try shift F4
yeahhh thnx guyss
Quote from BrainBT :I remember the first day it was full screen mode, but don't know why, it switched to "window" mode (I supose I did something wrong, but I can't remember what, and how to solve it)

The reason it did this was because by default when you first use the game, when you choose to update the list of online games, it swtiches to Windowed mode. I have no damn clue why this option is on by default, rather dumb and annoying if you ask me... and I always turn "Windowed while connecting" to OFF (whatever the option is called). I suppose it is so some people can quickly turn off their virus scan or firewall popups or something, but still... seems pointless to go windowed by default. Confuses people for the very first time, just like you
-
(MrGrumpy) DELETED by MrGrumpy
Quote from Tweaker :I have no damn clue why this option is on by default, rather dumb and annoying if you ask me...

Dialup users, if you don't have it connect automatically, then you have to click on the popup window to connect.
Or to disable the Firewall at the first gamestart.....

Edit: DOH thats what Tweaker said:doh:
also lets you click the allow button on your SWfirewall if you use one .

SD

EDIT: Damn! got Highsided
Quote from mrodgers :Dialup users, if you don't have it connect automatically, then you have to click on the popup window to connect.

I was a dialup user, and there wasnt any popup windows?

I never liked stupid firewall software... maybe that is why
Also, in your LFS folder, there is a cfg file. You can change the window value from 0 (not windowed) to 1 (windowed). Of course its much easier to just press shift+f4...
Quote from Tweaker :Confuses people for the very first time, just like you

A lot more confusing is to have a firewall pop a window asking for permission to allow a game to connect to internet in the background where you can't see it because the game is the topmost program, resulting in user thinking the game got stuck or something because nothing happens.

IIRC if you have the change to window on, it should change back to fullscreen if it connected succesfully.

IMO that is one of the small details in LFS that shows how advanced it is, usually other games I play won't even work after you go to desktop to ie. change something in your wheel settings.
Quote from Tweaker : I was a dialup user, and there wasnt any popup windows?

I never liked stupid firewall software... maybe that is why

Didn't see this post earlier, but if you are not on the net with dialup when you first open LFS, then when you click to go multiplayer, you must connect to your dialup. Either you have it set to automatically connect, or you have to manually click connect when the popup window comes.

Me, I always connect to net first and while it's dialing and logging on, open LFS (via pitspotter).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG