The online racing simulator
Player's Death Report Addon
(14 posts, started )
I decided to finish this dicussion http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=4473&page=1 by devoting some time to the addon - and i made it!!!

I made it as a plugin for GMETER
http://www.dpostill.karoo.net/downloads/Gmeter099c.zip
(my best regards to Fonnybone & Peeps1980)

1. Instal GMETER (if u dont have it)
2. Unzip attached file to /gmeter/plugins/ and enjoy.

If G>50 it displayes chat message U ARE DEAD and G value..
It uses the correct calculated G .U can adjust timer according to your system-the G is average value on the timer's interval..
Wow, ill try this out when i get home
Updated version- previous had errors.
Attached files
BEZ-BASHNI.zip - 9.7 KB - 272 views
Can't you get it just to switch off your monitor and reboot the pc? That would be funny.
^ :rolleyes:

Seriously, just displaying "YOU ARE DEAD" is kinda pointless.

1) I'd not use the term "dead" so to say, rather take something more generic and not so... dunno, offensive is not the right word, but you get the idea. Maybe write "The last crash caused serious injuries and forced you to retire from the race". Just something more apropriate.

2) Actually take some ACTION when this happens. Boot the player to spectator after a few seconds, and if possible prevent him from controlling the car in the meantime.

3) In addition to #1, you can also try to randomly chose different damage messages, depending on which direction the force was created. Impacts from behind cause neck, from the front head/leg and from the side arm/chest injuries.
Ok -it is just beginning....
The flying after the drivers soul cameras and action is possible to addd- as to make configuable phrases and so on....I'll do that -but now i need more crash-test stats for 4-point belt and rally seat - it is obvious that the crash in back is not so harmless than crash in front-it'll be great to have the diagramm of the degree of the hit and G human can survive....

Btw if u'll try it u'll find that LFS damage model is not good - cars are too firm - the car is quite drivable but the G is much more 70....
Quote from bez_bashni :http://www.dpostill.karoo.net/downloads/Gmeter099c.zip

Hmm, could have sworn i deleted that zip file off my webspace ages ago, obviously not..

Will try this out, when i can be bothered to fire lfs up. Dunno if peeps is still around btw, havent seen him for ages. Fonny doesnt come on msn much either these days.
Quote from AndroidXP :^ :rolleyes:

Seriously, just displaying "YOU ARE DEAD" is kinda pointless.

1) I'd not use the term "dead" so to say, rather take something more generic and not so... dunno, offensive is not the right word, but you get the idea. Maybe write "The last crash caused serious injuries and forced you to retire from the race". Just something more apropriate.

2) Actually take some ACTION when this happens. Boot the player to spectator after a few seconds, and if possible prevent him from controlling the car in the meantime.

3) In addition to #1, you can also try to randomly chose different damage messages, depending on which direction the force was created. Impacts from behind cause neck, from the front head/leg and from the side arm/chest injuries.

these are great ideas
btw: nice plugin
any chance of a screenshot so we can see what the message looks like?
Screenshot:

you're dead

That's it I guess (illepall )
Quote from nikimere :any chance of a screenshot so we can see what the message looks like?

I tried to take a screenshot, but, er, I was dead so I couldn't .
Quote from nikimere :any chance of a screenshot so we can see what the message looks like?

I guess it's just a chat message that says "YOU ARE DEAD".
Unfortunatly players dies too easy in lfs cars cause of lfs's collision model. They have to improve cars smashing - in LFS car smashes only visually but acts like rubber.In reality car absorbes energy when smashing.

it types" u are deas"and gives g value....
Attached images
dead.jpg
I mean, instead of it saying you are dead in big capital letters, at least make it say something tasteful. How about, you have been seriously injured or something like that. As for the mod, it would be better if when you died that it would make you spectate, or quit LFS

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG