The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Y30 class balancing
(55 posts, started )
Quote from Fox 2 :Tested GTT today. Well, TBH, it didn't felt nicer, nor faster anyhow. At first there was some understeer, so I changed susp. a bit accordingly. And it was pretty much the same XRT i've known for years. In 25 laps i couldn't even beat my own PB.

But ok, I've decided to be fair here and compare time with FXO. I grabbed FXO set from inferno (which seemed quite outdated), jumped in the car, and on my 2nd lap ever lap on that combo (!) I managed to beat my XRT time by 0.5 seconds. At the same time FXO was much easier to drive too. IMO, that's a really huge difference. FXO is just in another class now (even with Y30 changes).

I think XRT actually needs to be faster (at WR level), as it is harder to drive. Average racer will drive both cars equally fast this way. That's how it was with GT and GTi in S1 days (and now pretty much too) and it worked (works) really well i think.

As a bit of a "counter-view", after maybe 7-8 races on T7R's server just testing the TBO class, at no point did I see FXOs dominating the field. Tracks raced: Westhill, Fern Bay Gold and Aston National - a pretty good mix! I even took the RB4 out for a race or two at Westhill and it was able to keep up with the XRTs within the top 6 (and the RB4 collects a lot of dust in my garage...) until the front tires would turn into serving trays around lap 3 on account of an "obsolete" set.

Forgot to add: It was great fun seeing all three car-types mixing-it-up, though more RB4 drivers would be nice to see. It's not as fun or challenging a car to drive as the XRT (imo) but you still need to understand how to drive it to its full extent without killing the tires, so it does require it's own type of finesse to keep up with the front.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I think we don't want to have all cars behaving like F1 all glued to the track, that would be easy to drive but then you would drive a car IRL and you'd slip. As long as the two of them are equally fast and realistic i think thats what really matters.

And thats not the point i was thinking about.
the thing is that the cars seams to have chanced behavior so XFR handles like UFR and the other way around..ONLY thinking of the rollover thing..othervise its ok.
But i want to try it out more before i start arguing for my point.
The best way to heck is to do a track with the cars and then just go to y30 and continue..best way to notice diffrens.(me thinks)
Finally the new class balancing with mini GTRs is just perfect after a short test I do the same laps times with the 2 cars
Sorry for when I said it was bad I just didn't know that only 1.5% of gravity center could change that much the car
But the FXO is still really really better than the 2 others and I'll find a way to prove that
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Finally the new class balancing with mini GTRs is just perfect after a short test I do the same laps times with the 2 cars
Sorry for when I said it was bad I just didn't know that only 1.5% of gravity center could change that much the car
But the FXO is still really really better than the 2 others and I'll find a way to prove that

I think so too. Yesterday I saw NIKI driving with the FXO and saw him going from 15th to 1st with the FXO. He was faster than any other racer by 1s. He and another guy were the only FXO's, the rest 20 had mostly XRT and some RB4. Another reason why i think a lot of people say it's not the fastest anymore it's because everyone is driving the two that were modified, and i understand, but it's only likely that someone with either XRT or RB4 will win, since FXO drivers are so few, if any. IMO the only 2 ways of knowing whether the class is balanced is waiting for good WR's to come out, and seeing some endurace races, by humans of course... AI testing is quite inconclusive in my opinion.
You guys are mainly talking about the Westhill results, aren't you?
Westhill is a track that should fit to the XRT because it's a highspeed track. Otherwise XRT will be pwned in a hard way on the tricky tracks like the South City ones and nothing would have been changed...

Spinoff : Y30 class balancing
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG