The online racing simulator
Silverstone Testing
(17 posts, started )
Silverstone Testing
Whilst reading up on the Silverstone testing on the ITV-F1 website, I noticed this comical typo...

Quote from Hamilton :
“I haven’t back-to-backed the new parts so I don’t have a benchmark, but the car feels strong around here and I can’t wait to be racing in front of my hoe crowd again.”

Dat boy strait fum da hood!

Found it here.

edit: They fixed it...
Its true, The way ITV commentates basically everyone is ****ed over by him.
#3 - wild
Quote from Mustafur :Its true, The way ITV commentates basically everyone is ****ed over by him.

I'm not surprised about that to be honest. He is a British F1 Racing Driver and the ITV is based in Britain. Which has proved to be a very good driver in his rookie season in F1.

Before that they used to concentrate on Schumacher and whoever else.

Just my two cents
Quote from wild :I'm not surprised about that to be honest. He is a British F1 Racing Driver and the ITV is based in Britain. Which has proved to be a very good driver in his rookie season in F1.

Before that they used to concentrate on Schumacher and whoever else.

Just my two cents

In 06 they were more equal but they still liked to talk about button(not as much as hamilton but they did talk about him alot), but it was seriously much easier to take in, this current trash is rubbish, you also have to realise ITV is international as countrys who dont have full commentry use it.

Brazil in 07 was the worse commentry ever seen to man and was completely unacceptable.
Quote from wild :
Before that they used to concentrate on Schumacher

Not really. Only that fool James Allen was biased towards him. Martin has always been generally evenhanded and Murray Walker was patriotic but still amiable to foreign drivers.

I hope the BBC doesn't overdo it with Lewis the way ITV has done.
Personally i think it could be worse, because when you think about it, ITV has been commentating up untill a british driver has been in contention for a world title, now that there is one a bigger british channel buys the rights.

But im sure if they don't have james allen it will seem less bias anyway.
As long as they keep Martin Brundle then I'll be happy. The rest can take a long walk of a short pier.
Murray and Martin would be the best, of course i doubt Murray would come back.
#9 - samjh
Didn't Anthony Davidson do a good commentary a couple of years ago (Australian GP, I think)?

Personally, I don't mind James Allen. I just ignore him.
Quote from samjh :Didn't Anthony Davidson do a good commentary a couple of years ago (Australian GP, I think)?

It was a pretty good commentary considering he didn't have any experience. He's kinda tied up being an F1 driver right now though.
Quote from Lateralus :It was a pretty good commentary considering he didn't have any experience. He's kinda tied up being an F1 driver right now though.

In what team on the grid?
I remember an awesome commentator(s) on eurosport quite a long way back.
Anyone remember teh names?
Quote from Stigpt :I remember an awesome commentator(s) on eurosport quite a long way back.
Anyone remember teh names?

John Watson or Ben Edwards sample? Depends how long ago you want to go...?

Not that it would ever happen, but I think Martin Brundle and Neil Crompton would make a great commentary team.
Eurosport: Toby Moody, Julian Ryder, and Randy Mamola?
Quote from Forbin :Eurosport: Toby Moody, Julian Ryder, and Randy Mamola?

Great commentary team - I've got a few old WSBK races and their commentary makes it even more enjoyable than it normally is
I specifically download all the Eurosport MotoGP races just for them. I'm not positive but I think we get a rebroadcast of BBC or ITV (or something like that) here in the US on Speed channel, and they're nowhere near as good. Speed has their own guys for F1, though, and they're pretty good, at least when they're not being broadcast on Fox instead, where they're forced to dumb down the commentary quite a bit.
Quote from Forbin :Eurosport: Toby Moody, Julian Ryder, and Randy Mamola?

Fantastic commentary team... shame Moto GP won't be shown on Eurosport next year, seeing as the'll be out of a job maybe they will go to the BBC... but unlikely lol

Silverstone Testing
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG