The online racing simulator
Daft CTRA Question
(24 posts, started )
Daft CTRA Question
New to the game and struggling to register with CTRA! Am I being particuarly stupid?

Regards
Jacob
CTRA is for licenced players only, or are you a licenced racer logged under demo account?
So presumably as soon as I purchase the license (tonight), I'll get the option to register?
You need to register both on the CTRA license site and on the server (or you did when I signed up). Then you'll start earning points.

But yes, once you get your S2 license you can do it.
Cheers Guys - see you out there.

I'll be the one under the blue flag

Quote from Dajmin :You need to register both on the CTRA license site and on the server (or you did when I signed up). Then you'll start earning points.

But yes, once you get your S2 license you can do it.

But dont struggle and make the same mistake as i did... you must first get the Join2LFS programme, if you wanna connect to a server from the CTRA website!
There is a CTRA forum in the teams section.
Yep, lol whoops, meant above the team section.
Seems like the guy is racing on CTRA already.
gratz on S2 license then
Cheers Guys.

Managed to find and get onto the server OK but still can't work out how to register!!!!!
OK - worked it out! Have to do it in the game!!!!!!!!

Just remember to get out of my way, you noob

Hehe, just kidding of course
OK - absolutely love the game, think I am hooked!

As someone who is basically a complete sim racing novice it goes without saying I am absolutely awful at the moment.

The one thing that shocked me last night was the attitde of the 'leaders' on CTRA Race 1 last night - I was taken out a couple of times whilst engaged in my own battle for position by someone quicker.

While I understand the principles of the blue flag I was shocked to be rear ended in a 'mini-chicane' by somebody sounding their horn!!!!!!

Surely if i am racing someone for position there is some degree to which I can continue to race under a blue flag until a clear place to let a quicker car through materialises (not often on the tight course used last night).

Goes without saying that my main concern at this point is to not pi55 anybody off while I am still learning.
Yes, you'll get that sometimes while racing on Race1. If you're in the race, ie. you did not join midrace and you are actually racing for position, you are allowed to do so but should not "fight" the guy who's lapping you. So basically lift off just a little on a straight so he can pass you cleanly.

Sadly, lappers seem to think that cars that are being lapped should just evaporate so they can pass without problem. They are wrong, although they're convinced they're right. It is their responsibility to get past you safely, you shouldn't even go way off your line... just, don't fight them.

A great feature on CTRA is the $report system, with wich you can report any driver that you feel violated the CTRA rules or showed unsportsmanlike behaviour. An admin will review the report and the replay of the race and sanction the driver in question if he/she deems it just. Raising a report only takes 1 to 2 minutes and you can do it from within the game itself. I recommend waiting to submit the report until after you're done playing, though. And watch the replay of the race again afterwards to really see what happened before submitting, maybe from different viewpoints. Not seldom does someone think they were "rammed" or "wrecked" by a driver only to view the replay and see that it was actually their own fault, or simply a racing incident with no one specifically at fault.

To raise a new report simply type "$rep" in the game (do so while you're spectating or in the pits, not while on the track). You'll get a menu that is pretty self explanatory. If you do need help with it, there's this helpful guide which I'm sure someone will post a link to in this thread later on
yeah, people who lap you think you should dissapear or move out of the way in like 0.5sec, if not they start spamming the chat
"I AM FASTER/BLUE FLAG GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!11" which really pisses me off as it sounds really chilld-ish, if that was real race would they open their side window and start shouting hoping the car infront can hear him?

And another thing, like obsolum said, if you get into a crash with maybe a faster racer, do not even try to convince him that it was his fault (if it was ofcourse)... it just doesnt work, they think you are slower/begginer and it must be your fault.... just report him and let the admins deal with it.

Good luck!
Cheers Guys - encouraging words.

When I get on tonight I will at least be a bit more confident that I can get on with my own thing without being in the wrong - even if it does attract abuse!
Just remember that getting a blue flag doesn't mean that the person lapping you is entitled to continue at full speed and overtake you in the middle of a chicane.

You get a decent warning that a lapper is approaching so just be prepared to let them through as soon as possible in a safe place and manner.

It is tricky when you're involved in a battle yourself, but sometimes you just have to accept that you have to let the lapper through even if it does cost you your opportunity to overtake the guy/girl your fighting with.

One good thing about CTRA is if the person lapping you starts spamming you with "blue flag, let me past" style messages they invalidate their right to be let through with ease. Blue flag spamming is not acceptable on CTRA.

I would advise you to post any other questions you have about CTRA in the CTRA section of the forums.
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Have fun and stick with it. The quality of racing and racers goes up on the higher level servers
Welcome aboard Joe!

I would like to point out that we recommend that all reports being submitted have their replay reviewed and verified correct before submitting a report. It will be returned if the replay is wrong, and we don't keep replays for very long, so if they are not attached to a report after a week or so you might not be able to find the correct replay and will have problems completing the report
I, too, finally figured out the CTRA license issue (is the A for Arcane?), raced in a few CTRA servers, but tonite I couldn't log on to any, got an error message saying I needed a license to race on that server. CTRA 2 and 3, IIRC.

Is there some other license I need now? Or is my license not high enough yet to be allowed on these servers? It's kinda tough to get points to your license if you can't race...
PSmith, the whole concept behind CTRA is you attain points in the lower formulae and work your way up. When you acheive a benchmark of points, you upgrade your CTRA license.

Anyone with the full version of LFS can compete in CTRA race 1 and Single Seater 1 servers, but you must earn points on these servers to progress to the other servers.

When you have registered on the CTRA website, you can see your license progress along with some other usefull stats like, yellow flag ratio, races competed, fastest laps ect.
Just to add,

Concentrate on finishing races without being lapped, learn to back off when there are 4 cars going into a corner and you will start racking up the points in no time! It should be easier to score points in the early stages of building up your license.

Driving as smooth as possible seems to work for me, even though I don't always manage it!
Andy,

Thanks for the info. That cleared it all up for me.

Daft CTRA Question
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG