The online racing simulator
Clutch Pack at 80% more locked than locked diff?
Hi all! When I got LFSTweak working for patch Y (Rooble's tweak which I will not be posting), I tried switching the drivetrain of some of the FWD cars to RWD. I then selected a Locked Diff to try and drift a bit but the weird thing is, it still feels open because when I turn at all, I hear the revs pick up but the car doesn't spin. When I tried using the Clutch Pack LSD and set it to maximum power locking (80%) the diff was locking better than the locked diff . So, I think this is a major bug in LFS which should be reviewed.
As long as this only happens with tweak I doubt very much anything will happen..
Can you detect this 'bug' with cars that haven't been edited by an unsupported program that is, essentially, a hack?

Or are you just not very good at working out what is a bug and what is a scrappy hack that might have gone a bit wrong?
it has nothing to do with the hack. I tweaked the FXO to 500 BHP, and when I hit max throttle and turn max left or right, the inside wheel spins earlier when using a locked diff and the car doesn't swing around, but with Clutch Pack, it spins around when doing the exact same thing (max left or right and full throttle) so I don't think I'm having any trouble figuring it out

I'll test with the normal specs.
Ok, so I was wrong that the cp provides more locking (F1PerfView revealed that with the locked diff, both wheels are spinning at the same speed, unlike the cp LSD) but I still don't understand why its easier to swing the car around with cp than locked diff. If I understand correctly, a locked diff will control both wheels to be at the same speed for longer but when grip is lost, will cause large amounts of oversteer while its the opposite with the cp. If this is true, then I shouldn't experience any of this inside wheel spin with a locked diff right?
It only does this with very specific setups, and at 500+ bhp it might react completely different again. For example it could be that with the locked diff both wheels simply spin madly and don't provide any lateral traction at all, while a CP diff allows the inner wheel to spin more and bleed off some excess power, giving the outer wheel more grip than if both were spinning at the same speed.
but if both wheels are spinning, doesn't this mean that the drive wheels (in this case, rear) have no grip while the fronts have grip, meaning that I should technically be able to swing around on an axis but it doesn't?
Oh you're still talking about RWD cars... hmm, maybe the clutch pack diff doesn't resist turning/rotation so much? Heck I don't know, but I doubt LFS would get something as easy as differentials, especially the locked one, wrong.
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi all! When I got LFSTweak working for patch Y (Rooble's tweak which I will not be posting), I tried switching the drivetrain of some of the FWD cars to RWD. I then selected a Locked Diff to try and drift a bit but the weird thing is, it still feels open because when I turn at all, I hear the revs pick up but the car doesn't spin. When I tried using the Clutch Pack LSD and set it to maximum power locking (80%) the diff was locking better than the locked diff . So, I think this is a major bug in LFS which should be reviewed.

Each time you try and change the drive train from its original state LFS will default it to OPEN even if you ask it to use LSD/Locked, This happens on all types (4WD/FWD/RWD) and although the setup screen displays Locked/LSD etc, it will still behave and drive like its using an OPEN diff.
Quote from AndroidXP :I doubt LFS would get something as easy as differentials, especially the locked one, wrong.

I guess it is wrong... Check the Locked Diff craze on race setups. I have NEVER EVER heard of professionals or amateurs racing on tracks (and most of all : hold WRs !) with cars equipped with locked differentials... (maybe it is then because the tire model isn't finished yet ?)
But that is because some details in the tyre physics are wrong, not the differential simulation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG