The online racing simulator
The ONLINE RACING SIMULATOR gets the community vote
Hell yes. Deserved it more than anybody else.
Wasn't expecting nothing different..
BTW, where are those other categories, like "Best physics", "game of the year"...etc??
Quote from xapexcivicx :Oh come on now. What else did you expect?

And here Boris. http://www.bhmotorsports.com/awards/4/winners

Saw those four categories, but other categories are still missing, like game of the year, and best physics..
Well deserved Not bad for an alpha!
Great! Gotta Love It
They announce them two per week, thats why some are missing
#9 - vyruz
bravo!!!... :clapclap: :clapclap:
LFS is great..
i'm proud of being part of this game and community
can i get an amen!
#10 - Reed
*starts a slow clap*
Quote from Boris Lozac : Saw those four categories, but other categories are still missing, like game of the year, and best physics..

Doesn't seem the voting has finished for them yet.
It seems that the bling king won best sound and best graphics.
ololol GTL best sound... rofl
Well you can't blame BHM for being 'wrong' about GTL having the best sound..... for the most part the quality and fidelity of the sounds are GREAT, and I think for most people, that is what matters.... regardless of the sounds cutting in and out. Because I think people play the game with their speakers on full blast and have no clue of how much the sounds are poorly looped. But all in all, they want the 'chill' factor that makes the sounds send vibes down their spine and really make them enjoy the game... And does LFS do this? Well not quite.

Because, I really cannot vouch for LFS having the best sound... in terms of quality... but how the sounds are done in LFS, the technique, nothing beats it.

So in a sense you have to decide what wins... Either how the sounds are played without skipping so they can give you accurate feedback (LFS) -- OR -- Have sounds which are stunning in respects to quality and realism that immerse you into the game more (GTL). Because, it is quite obvious what people would prefer more when it comes to sound... and IMO, this sound award is for quality, not technique -- which GTL should hold outright. (In a way, you couldn't compare LFS's sound quality to the sound of a real car sample, because LFS sounds far worse --- See what I mean?)

A shame we can't have quality and LFS's sound system.... but not everything is perfect
Quote :A shame we can't have quality and LFS's sound system.... but not everything is perfect

uh, i hope the devs will prove you wrong sometime in the future, because i definately prefer quality.
These were the nominees for best sound:

Cross Racing Championship | GT Legends | Live for Speed S2 | MotoGP 3 | NASCAR SimRacing | rFactor | Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo | Virtual RC Racing |

I think GTL has the best sound of all. And don't tell me about LFS's synth sound being more accurate, I know that . LFS sound model has potential, but it needs a lot of work, and most important, it needs a soul It's so... sterile at the moment...
Weeee, now that is WELL DESERVED! Or "damn right to", as robbie would say
If this game can allow people at the tip of Africa to play on UK servers pretty smoothly it deserves this award for sure !!!
Quote from Tweaker :Well you can't blame BHM for being 'wrong' about GTL having the best sound.....

Well, at least the sounds of the GTL I played had nothing to do with cars... rather bees on pink pills
On the other hand, I didnt day anything about LFS either, because the sounds are not annoying while racing (not so.. let's say dominant), but they have no depth and volume. Thus they are not good as well...

GTR, which is almost the same game as GTL, just different cars, has a faaar better sound, though. Also, the cars feel more realistic. The whole game is much better than GTL anyways...
Quote from Fetzo :uh, i hope the devs will prove you wrong sometime in the future, because i definately prefer quality.

I sure do hope so too.... but the issue regarding high quality sounds has never been touched by the devs...or in other words, it has been a mystery to me at least --- not many answers if we will have anything better really....

For a long time now people have wanted the engine sounds enhanced and more refined.... they are in a way... OK... but as all the other suggestion threads on 'Sound in LFS'.... everyone ends up pointing out that there should just be more to hear (ie Transmission, Brakes, better internal and external exhaust notes, etc...) There are about 6 or 8 more sounds that could be added to make LFS sound great... but all we have now is Engine, Wind, Road, and not much else. Some of the cars in LFS don't sound exactly pleasing, but if more things were added in and around your ears, it would make it sound so much better.

There was one simulation a long time ago that showed a perfect example of how much you can do to making a quality sounding car. They demonstrated how only one sound (the engine) makes the experience so 'dry' and 'buzzy', but with adding things like hums whines, gargles and pops, they made a car's engine sound like an engine. And I want that 'chill factor' down my spine in LFS too, but as I said, LFS hasn't improved sounds for a long time, and there isn't much known how much it will develop. (We had one attempt from S1's sound to S2, but it isn't that much different. Even S1's sounds didn't crackle from all the 'boost' settings like in S2 currently).
it has been suggested several times, but it would be really easy to enhance the LFS sound. just keep the engine sound as it is, just add some other wave "noises" as gearbox, gravel, brakes, better tire squeal, better crash sounds etc.
That would be a big improvement.

And please bring back the old sound quality from S1. It was so much better. Not the sound itself, the quality!
Quote from noemfie :If this game can allow people at the tip of Africa to play on UK servers pretty smoothly it deserves this award for sure !!!

Amen. Or for me in the US on 56k dialup to still connect to Australia, Brazil, UK, Germany, I've connected and raced all over the world and my best connection speed is actually 42k.
Also from Blackhole Motorsports site...
Quote :
Live for Speed is developed by a handful of people, who are determined to succeed in the racing market, dominated by big publishers. Live for Speed Development Team plan to release their products without a publisher. What makes LFS more of a "user friendly" product, is constant support in the form of frequent demo patches and regular updates to their website. And exactly how do they plan to release it? Instead of releasing it as a complete game, it will be available in 4 downloadable stages. Each segment will comprise 25% of the total price of final release. Each of the next three 25% releases will contain updates (cars, tracks, physics, new features and will come out at intervals of 2 or 3 months.

Hmm, not quite right!
Quote from Clownpaint :I agree, I actually preferred the sounds in S1. Sounded more.. Real.

I'm a bit torn on this personally. Comparing the two, v0.5 sounds do definately sound a lot more like engines to me. But contrary to that, the v0.3 sounds are more exciting. However I think the road cars sounded a bit too much like race cars, whereas now they are more muted.

I think one of the main problems with the sound is the lack of higher frequency noises. Some gear whine in the race cars would be great too, would help distinguish them from the road cars instead of just being louder and rougher sounding. Some form of wave soft clipping would be nice, setting the engine volume to 20 in the race cars sounds horrible when it's clipping all the time. The sound synthesis has proven to be very adaptable though, just plugging in the right engine specs does create sommething close to what you would expect. With time I'm sure LFS will get there.
Quote from P1lot :Also from Blackhole Motorsports site...

Hmm, not quite right!

That info has been on there since the devs originally anounced their release plans, which (as you might already know) included a four release stages. BHM just never bothered to update the info...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG