The online racing simulator
Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
TF2 is now only for 10€ there, go grab your own 50% discount.
-
(EliteAti) DELETED by EliteAti
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Quote from LFSn00b :I love how half of the steam forums would like to have a different opinion with you

They're just idiots. If you look in the servers, this works a lot better, as you have everyone (mostly) still playing normally, not having 3.99E100 spys and snipers per team, because they are learning that you can get the spy/sniper weapon drops from any class (and some are getting duplicates of weapons they already have, but we have weapon management in our character info screen).

Example being: Last night while playing as a pyro, I got the "Dead Ringer" Spy Watch.
I actually havnt seen any of these new items, then again i havnt been looking to hard for them.
I was playing just before cracked into the topish of the team as a scout, but the funniest thing was when i was trying to get on a teleporter and 3 other people were trying as well and i guy got aggro at me and his like "Your a scout for **** sake"
I lol'd then he raged later in the game because he got shoved off by another guy and they had a erage battle, it was amusing.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :They're just idiots. If you look in the servers, this works a lot better, as you have everyone (mostly) still playing normally, not having 3.99E100 spys and snipers per team, because they are learning that you can get the spy/sniper weapon drops from any class (and some are getting duplicates of weapons they already have, but we have weapon management in our character info screen).

Example being: Last night while playing as a pyro, I got the "Dead Ringer" Spy Watch.

You make a very valid point. Although, I think earning them while you're spectating is a little OTT and should be fixed
I didn't know thjat... that's dumb that you earn it while spectating.
--major bump--

Anyone played the new KOTH-maps already? I couldn't stop playing koth_viaduct last night, what a great map for a nice mode! Great stuff delivered by Valve (as almost always).

*goes away searching for hat*
oh what? new gamemode?

Damn, cant wait to get home
I played around 30 hours last month and still no hats on my head but i love this game so much i dont care about hats .
Hope to try the KOTH tonight , that looks like a good mode .
By the way it would cool if Scawen made patches with the Valve pace
I love TF2,

I am utter Crap at it mind but the fun you can have just keeps me going back and back,

Really great game for fun not matter how long or short you on it,

Quote from ldriver :
By the way it would cool if Scawen made patches with the Valve pace

Difference is, the patches for TF2 always need correcting, balancing and bug-fixing of bugs they created in the latest patch. Like yesterday's patch, for example: "OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME".

I like the new KOTH maps, they seem to be like Team Deathmatch but force the players to focus their attention on the central area. I'm not sure if it will sustain its popularity, but its certainly fun for now!
-----bump------
You guys hear about the Payload mode, sounds good, though, one mistake, and "POW, haha! You are dead, not big suprise."
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Difference is, the patches for TF2 always need correcting, balancing and bug-fixing of bugs they created in the latest patch. Like yesterday's patch, for example: "OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME OVERTIME".

I like the new KOTH maps, they seem to be like Team Deathmatch but force the players to focus their attention on the central area. I'm not sure if it will sustain its popularity, but its certainly fun for now!

However there's a client/server variable (tf_overtime_nag) that allows you to revert to the "old" way as it was hilariously awesome.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :However there's a client/server variable (tf_overtime_nag) that allows you to revert to the "old" way as it was hilariously awesome.

It got old very quickly. But it did provide some real lols for a few minutes.
BUMP

anyone still play this? find it kind of fun and people still play on XBL

add my account that has live

zeek0709
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :BUMP

anyone still play this? find it kind of fun and people still play on XBL

add my account that has live

zeek0709

Except it's only decent on PC. The 360/PS3 versions haven't had any of the content updates (360 one needs to be smaller due to Microsoft having retarded rules/TF2 update basically replaces TF2 from scratch with content as well and PS3 version never will get fixed due to Valve hating PS3).

I don't think that the 360 will get the updates TBH, it's been pending for over 18 months or so. Valve can't get it small enough (and they want it to be free) and Microsoft disagrees with it, having a size limit for free updates and Valve are stubborn and want it to be free (to prevent against version mismatches).
Still if anyone has it get on XBL and play with me
Ok I can't be asked to read any update patch news. And I have not played for about 3months 'ish. But could anyone care to explain how you get the damn hats, or is it just a simple as the weapon unlocks..

You get them at random and it depends on how long you play?
Every 25 minutes it gives you a roughly 25% chance of getting any item. This could result in nothing in 8 hours, or 4 hats in an hour (somehow). Personally I've idled and played for about 28 hours in the last week and found several Ubersaws and Kritzkriegs, but nothing else. I do have 8 Jarates though.

Which will be helpful when they finally implement that trading system mentioned 4 months ago.
Also would anyone be interested to get a private server for LFS'ers to play at?
Valve announced some kind of trading/exchange-system for the items iirc. Maybe I can trade one of my three Natashas for a hat or something...

edit: aargh, should have read ChiliFan's post
Hehe, just got my new graphics card. (GTX260 Palit)

Running pretty sweet on most of my games now and with the Stereoscopic 3D nvidia stuff as I got a pair of free nvidia 3D specs with my GFX today and it's pretty amazing.

I've tried it with CoD5 and the new batman game, also the test shots from the nvidia thing. And it looks great and just by accident it was still turned on when I went to play TF2.

So here are some cool 3D shots from the game, if your lucky and have a pair of 3D specs check them out

Sorry for 2mb png's
Attached images
3d TF2 n2.png
3d TF2 n3.png
3d TF2 Test1.png
Gift it to me!!!
ME Me me!
-
(EliteAti) DELETED by EliteAti

Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG