The online racing simulator
G25 settings?
(27 posts, started )
#1 - Damo
G25 settings?
Hi folks i wonder if i may ask what settings have you guys got for your G25s?
Im mostly driving the FOX right now but cant seem to get a suitable setting ingame.
What degrees is your steering rate guys?
Are there any specific settings for different cars?
Degrees of Rotation:

Roadcars: 720° that includes the UFR and XFR
MRT: 270°
FOX, FBM & FO8: 450°
BF1: 400°
GTR: 540°

Regarding the rest under "gamecontroller settings":

Overall Effects Strength: 105%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Dumper Effect Strength: 0%

and 0% Center Spring but leave it enabled.

(while leaving the rest of it (Profiler) as it is (like axis properties and such))

In game i use something around 30 to 40% FF.
#3 - TG44
Quote from 510N3D :Degrees of Rotation:

Roadcars: 720° that includes the UFR and XFR
MRT: 270°
FOX, FBM & FO8: 450°
BF1: 400°
GTR: 540°

Regarding the rest under "gamecontroller settings":

Overall Effects Strength: 105%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Dumper Effect Strength: 0%

and 0% Center Spring but leave it enabled.

(while leaving the rest of it (Profiler) as it is (like axis properties and such))

In game i use something around 30 to 40% FF.

everything same for me but i use 50-100 FFB...
#4 - Damo
Thanks for that
Im using ingame either 50 or 55 ffb and in the profiler i use 100% on all 3, and no center spring.
Quote from Stefani24 :Im using ingame either 50 or 55 ffb and in the profiler i use 100% on all 3, and no center spring.

spring & dumper effects are already simulated by lfs as far as i know so theres no need to use them in the controller config especially not with such a high value. But if you prefer it that way, matter of taste i guess.
The thing is that i didnt use ffb at all before, and now i just use the standard settings, and its fine with them.
Oh yeah, forgot, i always use the max degrees on the cars (720 on roadcars, 540 on GTR, and so on like Stoned already posted.)
its not stoned, its 510N3D

have you at least tried it with those settings at 0% at some point? Anyway, as i said, if you prefer it that way im the last person on earth having a problem with that.
No didnt try it, 510N3D.
too lazy, and its working very great, the feel when ure driving an ufbr in the chicane route at the narrow part is just GREAT
Ok then, fair enough.
If you set your wheel to 720* it should be setup correct for all the cars, even the very tight lock-to-lock ratios in the formula cars. Surely you guys aren't changing your degrees of rotation for every car, are you?
Quote from Cue-Ball :If you set your wheel to 720* it should be setup correct for all the cars, even the very tight lock-to-lock ratios in the formula cars. Surely you guys aren't changing your degrees of rotation for every car, are you?

i do because unlike the DFP the G25 aint got no hard lock created by force feedback while setting wheel turn compensation above 0. I cant stand it like that so yes, im changing it for every car. Not of a big problem though since im usually not changing cars that often within a session.
ah i see, using the wheel turn compensation
Quote from Gills4life :ah i see, using the wheel turn compensation

No. No wheel turn compensation is needed. If you set the G25 wheel to 720* it will be precisely in synch with the in-game wheel for every single car. The only thing you don't get is "hard stops", as pointed out by 510N3D. I personally find the force feedback stops to be plenty, since I rarely get to lock in any of the cars. But, to each their own.

However, the point stands. Setting the G25 to 720* allows you to run each of the cars as intended without ever changing the settings again.
Interesting, I shall try that. Thanks for the heads up
Quote from Gills4life :ah i see, using the wheel turn compensation

Set it to 1, otherwise it will be somewhere between the lock of the car and the one you've set in the profiler...
I have 540 in game and 200 on profiler FFB used to be about 30 is now 10
Quote from bbman :Set it to 1, otherwise it will be somewhere between the lock of the car and the one you've set in the profiler...

If the wheel's degrees of steering are equal to or greater than the car's degrees of steering then compensation doesn't matter. For instance, if you are driving a road car (720* steering) and you have your G25 set for 720* steering, setting the compensation to 0, 1, or anything in between will have no effect. No compensation can happen when the wheel and in-game car match up perfectly. Even if you have your wheel set for 720* and you drive a car with less lock-to-lock (say, 540*), compensation has no effect because your wheel still moves 1 degree for each degree that the in-game wheel moves.

The only time compensation has any effect is when your actual wheel has fewer degrees of rotation than the in-game car does. For instance, using a 360* lock-to-lock Wingman Force with a 720* road car in LFS.
^ That's not entirely right, and your first instruction was misleading. You have to set the wheel turn compensation to 0.01 - 1.0 for it to make what you describe. If you set it to 0.0 however, then the current car's steering rotation will be stretched to fit your 720°, so you'd have to steer ALL cars with 720°.
Quote from AndroidXP :^ That's not entirely right, and your first instruction was misleading. You have to set the wheel turn compensation to 0.01 - 1.0 for it to make what you describe. If you set it to 0.0 however, then the current car's steering rotation will be stretched to fit your 720°, so you'd have to steer ALL cars with 720°.

Describing how the wheel, game, profiler software, etc. all work together can be difficult.

Bottom line: Set Wingman software and LFS to 720*. Set wheel compensation to 1. Drive.

Easy peasy.
I just use pretty much standard profiler - I think it's 200', and 100% everything else. In game I also use 200' and 0.00 compensation, with 25% FFB. Quite a standard setting that I know a lot of fast people use.
Quote from AndroidXP :^ That's not entirely right, and your first instruction was misleading. You have to set the wheel turn compensation to 0.01 - 1.0 for it to make what you describe. If you set it to 0.0 however, then the current car's steering rotation will be stretched to fit your 720°, so you'd have to steer ALL cars with 720°.

Thanks for explaining that, tried it for myself and it works well shame there is no ffB stopping the wheel going past e.g. 400 degrees for bf1. I end up feeding the wheel through my hands like a road car in the formulas Gonna take time to get used to but atleast now i dont have to keep alt+tabbing to change the rotation

G25 settings?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG