The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
Promo Event Feedback thread
Ok guys,

Keep in ON subject and keep it constructive.

I found tonight that overall the standard was pretty good - certainly better than this time last year before season 1

..... so pat yourselves on the back.

Regarding future events - we will tweek the lapper and may not use it at all - just leaving it on the hotlap server for the 10 day qualification.

Also - although its fun, lets make sure that we always use our league skins and names whilst driving here
I never really hated lfslapper, but this latest release is just horrible. I'm sure it has great features and all, but the amount of spam coming from it is unbelievable. Examples?
- I don't wanna see other peoples lap stats, just my own please (and even then I'd like a choice if I want to see it)
- when people are pitting or leaving, there is no use for lfslapper to reiterate that fact, I'm pretty sure I got it the first time.
- idle too long? -> spectate warning on the starting grid...

But there are still many weeks before the league starts, so I'm sure we'll end up with something nicer.
lapper needs tweaking and the text in the centre of the screen taking off such as 4/54 lap record.

Enjoyed the racing and though loads of crashing, compared to last year was very good!
#4 - Jakg
Driving standard was good - a few incidents (although good sportsmanship all round), but great fun.

I'm much more worried about the drivers that WEREN'T there, though.

PS - Mikey, I hate you for being faster than me at every bloody track.
I'm sure it wasnt every track. At so6r I sucked so much, people were actually overtaking me

just kidding of course
Quote from mikey_G :I'm sure it wasnt every track. At so6r I sucked so much, people were actually overtaking me

just kidding of course

... damn, that I was the onlyone who got overtaken by you and that you got the fourth
Quote from TFalke55 :... damn, that I was the onlyone who got overtaken by you and that you got the fourth

Lol, well, I ahve to admit you were driving pretty good out there.

Anyhow, me, jack and you having a kodak moment together:

sorry jack..
#8 - Jakg
Kodak - "Share moments, share paint". :P

Luckily for Tony he got out of the first accident (which was my fault :X) just fine. You it me because I had slowed down suddenly, and got owned, and so did poor Falkenberg.
Quote from Jakg :Kodak - "Share moments, share paint". :P

Luckily for Tony he got out of the first accident (which was my fault :X) just fine. You it me because I had slowed down suddenly, and got owned, and so did poor Falkenberg.

Yeah, i lifted and braked, but when your car was straight again I assumed you'd drive away, so I went on the throttle again which did not help the situation a lot.

1 second later came Lewis Falkenburg ploughing though my car

I kid! I kid!!
All in all, a good set of races IMO, lotta fun
I didn't make many races last night, but it was pretty fun.
The standard seemed to be a bit lower than we have seen on the CTRA UFBR server over the past few days though

Next time Lapper restarts it will no longer be spamming people to death.
Constructive criticism I don't mind, but when someone plain says 'Lapper Fails' then I tend to get a bit peeved.
What was the issue with the racing? apart from a few incidents I saw, a couple of which I kicked off unfortunately, it seemed pretty good
Was really good fun I felt , with a couple of people coming together made it interesting to see where to go in such a short space of time.

i agree with mikey's comment

Quote :I don't wanna see other peoples lap stats, just my own please (and even then I'd like a choice if I want to see it)

if that can be done of course it will get ride of the spam but also so you can see where you r placed in the rankings,
Fair enough if you can't, I believe I heard Dru say that it shouldn’t matter in the quali
Quote from danowat :What was the issue with the racing? apart from a few incidents I saw, a couple of which I kicked off unfortunately, it seemed pretty good

As I said, I didn't stay for many.

There seemed to be no chance of going through a bend 2-wide, people just turned in on you. An earlier race saw me taken out by someone who had already had an off/flip, he was sitting at the edge of the final corner...I went for the clear inside, he drove forward straight into my path - throttle instead of brake apparently :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was already in a pretty foul mood before all this, I just left before I did something I would regret.
Sounds like you had an unfortunate session mate, sometimes when you are in a foul mood, any small thing can be made to feel like it's a whole lot worse.

Onwards and upwards though, I am sure it'll be better for you next time round
Aye, just one of those days...we all have them.

It did look good with a field of liveried up cars though, and once we all start getting some proper praccy in the racing will only improve.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Dru comes up with for the vid
Sounds like you guys had tons of fun.
Ill be there next practise round I hope
all in all it was good, lapper was very annoying, but as for driving standard, i think they wernt too bad, most accidents were just what happens when there are that many cars trying to get round the track
Sorry for the incidents I caused on Blackwood, 2nd time I spun out and the 1st time I was late on the brakes.:sorry:

Virgin Media suck. :arge:
#20 - Dru
Quote from Bean0 :As I said, I didn't stay for many.

There seemed to be no chance of going through a bend 2-wide, people just turned in on you. An earlier race saw me taken out by someone who had already had an off/flip, he was sitting at the edge of the final corner...I went for the clear inside, he drove forward straight into my path - throttle instead of brake apparently :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was already in a pretty foul mood before all this, I just left before I did something I would regret.

think you did not give it a fair run Bean0 tbh

From all that we spoke of last night - we are in a much better position that we where this time before season 1.

we will get there - and so will the drivers - and the moment everyone is puffing out thier chests and feathers to find out who is the hardest kid in the school playground needless to say none of them know that the teachers are really the ones in charge
#21 - Dru
Quote from Bean0 :Aye, just one of those days...we all have them.

It did look good with a field of liveried up cars though, and once we all start getting some proper praccy in the racing will only improve.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Dru comes up with for the vid

unfortunately Bean0 - the footage is great, but my system is not up to handling it at that high resolution - need someone with a better graphics card i think.

I've got C2D E6600, 2 gig ram and Geforce 7600 256 - i can not get it to be smooth at the 800 x 600 display requirement for the promo video.....
Even when you record it at a slower speed?
Quote from Dru :unfortunately Bean0 - the footage is great, but my system is not up to handling it at that high resolution - need someone with a better graphics card i think.

I've got C2D E6600, 2 gig ram and Geforce 7600 256 - i can not get it to be smooth at the 800 x 600 display requirement for the promo video.....

what do you need done... PM if I can do anything.
#24 - mr_x
First race at Blackwood was going well for me in 4th, but then I had to go and set a server up for the RACE07 community as the admin who was ment to do it vanished.

Second race at blackwood I got hit by somebody who lagged then re-appeared in the side of my car, damaged the suspension, then rolled because the car was different, after that due to hating Blackwood reversed, I left to do some RACE07.
lol same thing happened to me at balckwood, someone just got cannoned into me

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG