The online racing simulator
Sad (and amusing) story about a mouse
So.. I felt like sharing this little story among this community;

I noticed my MX1000 mouse had a problem with its battery. It always was depleted even when charged correctly (you know, do it like the all-mighty manual says).

A tear fell down my eye since the mx1000 served me well and we had such great moments together Anyways, I went out today and bought a new mouse. A Razer Copperhead. Don't ask why, I just picked one from the shelf.

Btw, I actually did read the instructions before installing. So I plugged the mouse in. Turned on power. Installed software. Rebooted. So far so good.

BUT.. What the hell? The cursor wandered off almost by its own. "Oh well, must be a settings bug." Or so it seemed. I played around with the settings and what was the outcome? The mouse had a 5x5 pixel randomizer around the cursor. Seriously. When I tried out some pixel perfect movements, the cursor moved by a 5x5 random grid and it just _would not accept movement by 1 pixel_.

After slapping myself to stop laughing hysterically, I decided to update the software. Oh god.. here goes;

Installed properly according to instructions. No problems, no errors. Rebooted. And what a suprise: the mouse died. No movement, lights on, no one home. After another laughing session, I decided to rollback; Uninstalled software, reboot, install old software. No change, mouse is still dead. After that, I took more drastic driver killing methods into use:

Uninstalled software, removed mouse/hid devices from cp, erased all mouse related drivers with DCP, even went trough registry and disabled legacy usb from mb. And what do you know.. NOT WORKING!

Oh well, theres always the support site from the manufacturer, right? I went in and dug up some dirt. Only useful instructions were these;

1. Disable legacy support from your MB.
2. Plug the mouse in a different usb port.

If this doesnt work, send the mouse to repair.

COME ON! Thats the best you can do? omfg. You fail.

I haven't had ANY problems with my MX1000 in it's lifespan and I'm thinking of buying another one to replace the old one.
The copperhead can go to hell for all I care. They look really cool, but simply are not reliable enough. If this is the manufacturers idea of reliability and credibility then I don't know how they are still in business.

If you own a Razer product and it works for you, congrats. You should really start betting on lottery.

I do not advice anyone to buy this mouse. I wish I would have stumbled on a thread like this before I bought the damn copperhead

</cmpt>
<!-- #end of complaint -->
#2 - Jakg
*Looks at my slowly wearing out MX1000*

I love you :P

My only regret is not getting the Midnight Black Edition (I paid for it, but I was sent the ordinary one back before I realised this wasn't ok).
#3 - Migz
wow so im guessing the MX1000 is ze best mouse out right now?
SCORE! thats what i have. Guess that makes up for the lack of a decent wheel.

Whats the best keyboard out? (Say MX5000 please )
i have the same ^^ MX1000 and MX5000, they are GREAT, love them
Modifying UBS port frequency could cause problems. If you've done that, try resetting back to default settings.

Now when I think of it, I experienced same kind of inaccurate, but not that severe, movement with G5 until I realised to update mouse firmware.
I'm a big Razer fan and I can see your troubles. This happened to my Deathadder, after it was plugged into my mobo it just killed itself and wouldn't work on any computer.

What you need to do mate, is send razer loads of snotty emails, they'll send you a new mouse for free (and even pay for postage from the US) and then take the current one back to the shop. Voila! Free Razer!

Thats what happened to me, the Razer customer support is excellent.
MX518 4 Life.

Has worked for me lovely, even when I'm treating it like bloody crap.

having owned a copperhead for years and just having recently switched to a lachesis (despite all the justified bad press mines working just fine for what i do with it) i can assure you this is not the usual experience

and how exactly did you update the softwarE? hopefully you did not install the firmware thats on the cd (if its still the cd that came with the first copperheads its a mouse killer)
#9 - TG44
I have an MX500, but it's just not accurate enough, i first thought to stick with Logitech, as i like the brand... and i'll never get a razer.. they just don't fit in my hand, none of them

so, i just ordered a Cyber Snipa Stinger which looks like it has a good shape... and it definitely should be sensitive enough (3200dpi max)

just gotta wait now for like a week for it to arrive
Thinking of getting a G5. Got my G15 v.2 yesterday and loving it
Currently using an MX518, previously had an MX510, and before that one of those logitech cordless mice that ate batteries. Never fancied going to the laser mice, for whatever reasons. Never had any troubles whatsoever with logitech mice no matter what I do to them, so I`ve never even been tempted to try anything else.

Oh, and I couldn`t live without the thumb buttons. Seriously.
Can you get a nwe battery for your mx1000.

A

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG