The online racing simulator
g25 button mod
(12 posts, started )
g25 button mod
have been thinking of making a mod for my g25 and adding some extra buttons to the wheel.
Had a look about but not really found much details on it!
anyone tried it ?
We are on the same boat then Just wait for a few days (or weeks as it usually goes) and you'll see my version.
I were wondering the same, but i get my G25 26th and i dont right then want to start modifying it.

And Romus i noticed that we live in same city
i found a post over at rsc about a poor mans button mod, where a gamepad was cabled tied to the wheel with enough slack cable to allow the wheel to do its full calibration on start up .
Not really what i had in mind but it got me thinking about stripping down the guts of a wireless gamepad and mounting it on a new boss 4 the wheel , which would save having to open the wheel up to run wires and invalidating the warrenty in the process!
So have ordered a game pad and an in the process of fabricating a boss to mount it on will keep you posted on my progress .....
If you aren't a numpty and you can open and close things without wrecking them, then you won't be invalidating your warranty because they won't find out anyway.

Btw, why do you need so many buttons?
Not sure if its easy to do, but I guess the alternative way can be to put some buttons on the wheel base's front panel, right behind the wheel. In that way you won't have to mess a lot to keep the pad(or button box etc.) on the wheel itself when it will shake and rotate while buttons will be still easy to reach, just a thought
@ mikey g
Its not just the case of breaking something when dismantling !
logitech paint all there securing bolts so once they have been disturbed it flakes off.
Yes you can repaint them but
Its never looks the same and its a simple tell tale that the case has been off .
Extra buttons required on the wheel for look left, & right, ventrillo, pit limiter etc .
Yes the shifter has more buttons but as a personal preferance i like to have them at my fingertips.
@ art555
Good idea, was my plan to do this first, but would still need to open up the wheel to run cables so decided to try this way first if it doesn't work or i'm not happy with it them its back to plan a
Quote from delankster :@ mikey g
Its not just the case of breaking something when dismantling !
logitech paint all there securing bolts so once they have been disturbed it flakes off.
Yes you can repaint them but
Its never looks the same and its a simple tell tale that the case has been off .
Extra buttons required on the wheel for look left, & right, ventrillo, pit limiter etc .
Yes the shifter has more buttons but as a personal preferance i like to have them at my fingertips.
@ art555
Good idea, was my plan to do this first, but would still need to open up the wheel to run cables so decided to try this way first if it doesn't work or i'm not happy with it them its back to plan a

Well, As you 've already ordered wireless pad, my way still have some sense.Some sort of stand alone button box I guess, not the most estetic decision, but functionality is a priority for some of us I just thought where are comfortoble places for buttons and right near the edge of the base seems to quite a confortable place for one. Anyway, good luck
very nice m8

was hoping not to have to change the wheel, but it has opened my mind to the idea

g25 button mod
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG