New DDR2 RAM?
(10 posts, started )
New DDR2 RAM?
Ok I got a question for you guys, Can I add more memory to my computer to possibly make it faster? I have a Emachines T3090 that is approximately 5 years old. I am thinking of adding more memory to it is it possible? It has 512 right now. I am thinking of putting atleast 512 or so more. Is that possible or should I stick with 512?

Picture below attached is the system properties
Attached images
System Properties.png
Yes, you should upgrade ram, especially if you have Vista. I have 3GB of it and Vista already uses 613.8 MB of it, and that was with some disabled services and startup items.
It says your machine uses DDR SDRAM and if you are upgrading to DDR2 SDRAM, then you should just replace the DDR SDRAM with it since DDR2 SDRAM is faster than DDR SDRAM. I'm thinking they are compatible to each other but you could be held back by the DDR SDRAM's speed.
#3 - Jakg
Vista's memory usage scales with the RAM you have thanks to superfetch - for me it always uses 50%, whether i've got 1 GB (500 MB) or 4 GB (2 GB!).

DDR2 and DDR RAM are NOT compatible. If your current PC has DDR, you can ONLY have DDR RAM!
His screenshot make a wrong impression in all of you, he has not Vista, y he has XP Service Pack 2

I don't know enough for helping you
Doesn't matter if its Vista or XP - more RAM is still better than 512MB.
Quote from Scatter :<snip>
It says your machine uses DDR SDRAM and if you are upgrading to DDR2 SDRAM, then you should just replace the DDR SDRAM with it since DDR2 SDRAM is faster than DDR SDRAM. I'm thinking they are compatible to each other but you could be held back by the DDR SDRAM's speed.

That's like saying a Pentium Pro is just a faster Pentium so they should be compatible and use the same socket. :pillepall
I have XP Home SP2, with VTP 8.0.1 So I can put more memory on my pc and it will work better? Because I have 1.9 GhZ processor too.

EDIT: I just figured out that The memory is DDR SDRAM PC3200U
#9 - garph
More RAM will help to a certain extend, you might notice faster loading times (depending on how much you have and how much you add) but it wont really effect FPS so don't expect too see a massive performance boost cause you wont get it.

I don't think you'll notice any difference when running LFS cause the loading times are really short/non-existant anyway. With games like Crysis and ARMA I noticed faster loading times when I went from 2gig to 4gig and the more so now I'm on Vista x64.

Just make sure you know what RAM you need DDR, DDR2 or DDR3 cause they each have a different slot.
Thanks guys, when I get a chance I'll go get 1.

New DDR2 RAM?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG