The online racing simulator
Round 5: Pre-Race Discussion
Hello drivers!

Here's the layout for the 5th round of the series at Westhill International.

Rules adjustments are described here and changes can be seen in full here.

See you in two weeks!
Attached files
WE1_IGTC08.lyt - 780 B - 195 views
Grrrr, why do you put a race when i am on holiday ?

Good race to all of you, I'll figure out a way to follow it !
It's also on a weekend when I'm moving, as is the July race. Poor job of foreseeing the future on my part!
#4 - Gil07
Ben, can you please remove that double line at pit exit? I keep getting DTs because it's very confusing which line is the pit exit line
You understand why it's there, right?
#6 - Gil07
Yes, for waiting at the red light But still, i don't think all those lines are needed, it's not like Hamilton drives in the IGTC...
Lol, I think you badly underestimate the common sense of this field once the adrenaline starts flowing

Still, I've asked for something to be done about the double line too. I suggested changing the colour of one of the lines but apparently that was unnecessary or something.
not able to change the color of the line. LFS allows only white.
Quote from Gil07 :Yes, for waiting at the red light But still, i don't think all those lines are needed, it's not like Hamilton drives in the IGTC...

If this is the majority opinion, I'll be glad to remove them.
If you don't remove them, can you at least try to make it a bit more obvious where the pit exit line is?
I'll certainly have a look, if it goes that way.
If you can't change the colour, how about making it a zig-zag or dotted/dashed line?
Quote from AppiePils :I certainly think it goes that way :P

2 of 29 teams have requested it be changed (or 3, if this is you requesting it?). Pretty far from a consensus yet.
i think i would be better to have to 2 lines in different styles, if possible
I can try a crosswalk-style line (zebra stripes), but there aren't really a ton of different types of lines available in LFS.
I'm very agreed.. It's pretty confusing, but if all know what they are for, shouldn't there be any reasons not to remove it!

But yes, atleast do something to make it diffrent from the "real" one!
Ok, I made a slight alteration to the version on the IGTC server. Anyone who wants to can connect and take a look, see if it's any better.
Looks like there's just one line now, which elimintates the confusion, but also means that we now don't have much of a waiting line (whether thats a bad thing obviously depends on whether you think you need one).
One line?

On the server, it looks like this:
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
As you go over the lines it can be difficult to see from a drivers perspective, i'd suggest bringing the SC line back more and going over the pit exit line to make it a bit more bold.
Yeah, from the cockpit i could only see the thick line, didn't notice the thin one after it. Might want a bigger gap between them.
I just went to the server and there is nothing confusing about that layout. As far as I'm concerned great job Ben, works fine for me.

Edit: The newest version is easier to see, nice work.
Ok, new version with a bigger gap and arrows telling you when to go.
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ok, new version with a bigger gap and arrows telling you when to go.

Hmm, it can't go wrong now, and if goes we really have desirved a DT

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG