The online racing simulator
Rule Clarification - Mid race join
If I start the race, go to spectate and then rejoin; Am I a mid race joiner?

I reported what I thought was a mid race joiner but apparently spectating and then joining is ok.......seems odd.
Mid race joining is not against the rules, but yes, if you spectate and then rejoin you are classed as a mid-race join. You shouldn't be reporting people for just mid-race joining.

What IS against the rules is interfering with people that are racing when you are a mid-race joiner. This can be anything from attempting to race them to bumping them off the road etc.

To quote the CTRA rules page:
Quote from CTRA Rules :If you have joined mid-race, you are there solely by the grace of the race marshals. You are forbidden from participating in the current race. You must not interfere in any way with the race in progress. You may not overtake any car that is participating no matter how much faster you are, unless it is absolutely clear that the driver is pulling off the track and retiring. You MUST hold a position on the track that in no way interferes with the progress of cars that are involved in the current race.

Quote from JohnUK89 :Mid race joining is not against the rules, but yes, if you spectate and then rejoin you are classed as a mid-race join. You shouldn't be reporting people for just mid-race joining.

What IS against the rules is interfering with people that are racing when you are a mid-race joiner. This can be anything from attempting to race them to bumping them off the road etc.

To quote the CTRA rules page:

ROFLMAO, try reading my post before telling me what I should or should not be doing.

How can I get a report re-investigated please?
#4 - SamH
I don't see anything at all wrong with what John said. And he should know.. he's a CTRA admin.

[edit] I've just looked at the report that you raised. Either you reported the wrong person or you submitted the wrong replay. When submitting reports, it's important that you check your facts first, before clicking Submit.
Quote from SamH :I don't see anything at all wrong with what John said. And he should know.. he's a CTRA admin.

[edit] I've just looked at the report that you raised. Either you reported the wrong person or you submitted the wrong replay. When submitting reports, it's important that you check your facts first, before clicking Submit.

I merely say I've reported a mid race joiner, not that I've reported them "because" they are a mid race joiner.

Ok, your right I've got the wrong replay. Its a little staggering that the admin who reviewed the report didn't notice it was clearly wrong and make not in the feedback.

Anyway, I have the replay. How can I resubmit with the correct replay which is on my PC?
#6 - SamH
Quote from Jangler :Ok, your right I've got the wrong replay. Its a little staggering that the admin who reviewed the report didn't notice it was clearly wrong and make not in the feedback.

I'm really not at all sure where you're coming from. You reported someone who you said was a midrace joiner that interfered with your race. The admin sat through the replay you submitted and observed that the person you reported wasn't a midrace joiner (and therefore, obviously, your complaint about a midrace joiner interfering with your race was invalid) and dismissed the report, taking no action against the person that you reported. Do you really think that there was any error on the part of the admin?

It's now 2 weeks since you raised the original report. If you give me the time and date of the race, I will look to see if we still have the replay. If not, then it won't be possible to re-open the report with the correct replay.
Oh sure Sam, I keep a record of all the races I'm in......

Its a shame that having made a mistake (my mistake) CTRA cant help me to get the incident looked into when I have the replay, especially as you claim to be committed to keeping the servers clean.

End of.
#8 - SamH
You seem to be a very angry person.

I just got done explaining that if we've still got the replay, we can correct it in the report that you filed wrongly. I'm really not sure how we go from that to the CTRA not caring about clean racing.. "end of" :rolleyes:

This is obviously not going anywhere. If you can't be bothered to run your replay and check the timecode, I really don't think there's much that we can do at the CTRA end to take up the slack. We have absolutely no way of magically knowing which race the replay you have on your HD is, unless you got around to actually telling us. You seem to be far too angry, or something I'm not at all sure of, to actually converse with. I don't think there's anything we can do. Angry thread closed.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG