The online racing simulator
Analyzing replays
(16 posts, started )
Analyzing replays
hi all, please could some1 help me out. i am loking for replay analyzers. the 2 best seem to be AnalzyeforSpeed and f1perview. What i want to find out is if there is a way to analyze race data, or if it is strictly limited to hotlapping replays...

Thanks
strictly limited to hotlaps.
try the instant ha at lfsw
For technical reasons you can only analyze single-player replays. Multi-player replays have a low sample frequency: they contain the state of each car (including your own), sampled 4 times per second. That is not enough for a proper analysis.

There are 4 analyzers. Besides AnalyseForSpeed and F1PerfView, there is the Hotlap analyser on LFS World, and LRA.
thanks for the responses guys.

Another question, it seems as tho these analyzers plott vs TIME. is there a way to change this to DISTANCE...

I find that as i loose time to the WR, the graph overlap seems to get bigger and bigger, however, if this was vs distance, i assume this wouldnt happen. Any ideas. thanks
Isn't distance different for everyone and wouldn't that produce weird looking graphs?
yeah i suppose, it is if you on different lines. i was just confused last night when the graphs overlaps went out of sync... it was the only thing that my simple mind could think of last night... i guess what im asking is how to keep them sync's if you're comparing to a lap considerably faster than your own...
In the hotlap analyser, press the sync button.
I LRA it's possible too.
I just took a look at LRA, but the horizontal axis is distance (which confuses me at this hour)
Quote from mikey_G :Isn't distance different for everyone and wouldn't that produce weird looking graphs?

Distance is not the driven distance (which is indeed slightly different if you take a different line). It is a way to measure how far you are in the lap, irrespective of whether you are on the inside or on the outside of a turn.

When I compare two laps, I want to compare what happened at a certain place on the track (e.g. the start of a turn). Where do they start braking, where do they apply throttle, etc. I'm not interested what happened at a certain point in time, because if one lap is much faster than the other, the drivers will be doing different things, e.g. A it still on the straight but B is making a turn. This is why I made LRA to always plot distance on the X axis. If you want to know where a driver gains or loses time, you can see this in the time diff graph (discussion here).

The LFSW analyser can do both time-based and distance-based graphs (using the Sync button). F1PerView also does both types of plots, and it has a time diff graph. AnalyseForSpeed has an entirely different approach: it ignores distance, and compares only by time (with, iirc, the possibility to synchronize cars). It is also purely for playback of the laps; it does not plot graphs.
#10 - zsmy
a replay analizer for mpr is in my opinion wanted .
even to find some short speed hack pushes .
tham not to find normaly , only if they use it directly .
i think at moment some use this by scripted shifting .
than its not to see that fast . only the fast rise up rpm after shifting for 200-300rpm .
found by luck 2 of that fast rising up 200-300rpm , using speed hack too ,
if they thought non is watching tham .
(i have the replays if wanted)
Quote from wsinda :Distance is not the driven distance (which is indeed slightly different if you take a different line). It is a way to measure how far you are in the lap, irrespective of whether you are on the inside or on the outside of a turn.

When I compare two laps, I want to compare what happened at a certain place on the track (e.g. the start of a turn). Where do they start braking, where do they apply throttle, etc. I'm not interested what happened at a certain point in time, because if one lap is much faster than the other, the drivers will be doing different things, e.g. A it still on the straight but B is making a turn. This is why I made LRA to always plot distance on the X axis. If you want to know where a driver gains or loses time, you can see this in the time diff graph (discussion here).

The LFSW analyser can do both time-based and distance-based graphs (using the Sync button). F1PerView also does both types of plots, and it has a time diff graph. AnalyseForSpeed has an entirely different approach: it ignores distance, and compares only by time (with, iirc, the possibility to synchronize cars). It is also purely for playback of the laps; it does not plot graphs.

Ja, u hit it on the head... i guess when we look at a replay to analyse, we both looking with the same goal in common, so i guess the easier question then, is which analyzer do u find most informative/beneficial?

Another thing, i see with patch y22, multiplayer replays are now the same as single player, does that mean we can use the ESC function and analyze multiplayer replays now?
Quote from Dizzydarryn :Another thing, i see with patch y22, multiplayer replays are now the same as single player, does that mean we can use the ESC function and analyze multiplayer replays now?

Nope.
Quote from zsmy :a replay analizer for mpr is in my opinion wanted .
even to find some short speed hack pushes .
tham not to find normaly , only if they use it directly .
i think at moment some use this by scripted shifting .
than its not to see that fast . only the fast rise up rpm after shifting for 200-300rpm .
found by luck 2 of that fast rising up 200-300rpm , using speed hack too ,
if they thought non is watching tham .
(i have the replays if wanted)

i dont get it

according to this:

HLVC_UNKNOWN, // 0 - unknown return value
HLVC_OK, // 1 - ok
HLVC_NOT_FOUND, // 2 - replay file not found
HLVC_FUTURE, // 3 - replay from later version
HLVC_OBSOLETE, // 4 - replay from obsolete version
HLVC_NOT_HOTLAP, // 5 - replay file not marked as a hotlap
HLVC_NOT_DEMO, // 6 - LFS not unlocked and track not available in demo
HLVC_NO_TRACK, // 7 - could not load track
HLVC_NO_HLVC, // 8 - no HLVC best lap in header
HLVC_CORRUPTED, // 9 - corrupted or invalid file
HLVC_OOS, // 10 - replay went OOS - probably hacked LFS
HLVC_NO_MATCH, // 11 - real lap time does not match lap time in SPR header
HLVC_FAIL, // 12 - HLVC violation - could be that HLVC rules changed
HLVC_END, // 13 - replay ended before best lap was finished

Source

this should not be possible any longer.
spr files are not mpr files, so what you're suggesting is useless.

Anyhow, getting telemetry for multiplayer lfs, when the default packet update rate is 4 per second, is pretty useless as well.
Hi guys again, i decided to hijack my own thread instead of creating a new one. I've been racing offline and trying to save replays, but i cant because it keeps telling me that the replay wasnt recorded, even though i have set it to enable manual save in options... any ideas?

When i leave the pits, its says "not recording" on the top left of the screen.

One other thing, when viewing replays, is there a way to rewind etc... at the mo, i can only speed up replays, not skipping? I.E If i did a 10 lap race and wanted to watch lap 10, do i really have to fast forward all the way to lap 10?

Thanks
Quote from Dizzydarryn :Hi guys again, i decided to hijack my own thread instead of creating a new one. I've been racing offline and trying to save replays, but i cant because it keeps telling me that the replay wasnt recorded, even though i have set it to enable manual save in options... any ideas?

When i leave the pits, its says "not recording" on the top left of the screen.

You'd have to use 'auto save', which records everything in the session while your in it (inc pitting/spectating), but for some reason manual doesnt give you that same option. So sticking it to auto is the best bet for this, switch it back when your done or just keep deleting the mpr folder contents, 1hr is only around 20mb for a full server.

Quote from Dizzydarryn :One other thing, when viewing replays, is there a way to rewind etc... at the mo, i can only speed up replays, not skipping? I.E If i did a 10 lap race and wanted to watch lap 10, do i really have to fast forward all the way to lap 10?

Thanks

move your mouse to the bottom of the screen, should have a time-line slider which you can move back a little and it'll re-sync to that point. its better at moving forwards than backwards, but its still considerably better than reloading a replay and FFD'ing to a certain point

Analyzing replays
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG