The online racing simulator
reliable speedtest
(13 posts, started )
#1 - _rod_
reliable speedtest
Ok my internet is is quite slow lately, about 1/3 of its usual speed ( i got 1mbit line ( 100kb/s) ) I called my provider i they swear to god that my speed is fine, wich clearly isnt. THey said is server related, or what ever site im trying to access, wich is a bunch of bull.

Now i need a realible download source wich will outrun my connection ( i mean that my connection will be the bottle neck and not the server) or some speedtester that is realible, because all the ones i tried my connection jumped between 100k and 10mbit line.

Thanks
Downloading things from the Apple site, such as iTunes or Quicktime (or OSX 10.5.3 update for a larger download) seem to be pretty reliable for speedwise, always maxing out my connection.
I've never had true results from speedtest. It's always much slower than what my connection normal acheives, also the extreme flash seems to bog down pretty much any machine you throw at it

Use something like Rapidshare in parallel to measure speeds, much more effective I find.
Quote from pb32000 :I've never had true results from speedtest. It's always much slower than what my connection normal acheives, also the extreme flash seems to bog down pretty much any machine you throw at it

Of course, a few connections (well, a lot actually but...) and the "Speedtest"-server hits its own limits. The connection itself might be fine but I'm not so sure about the "Connections per minute" test etc.

I sometimes use speedio anyway, just to check if there's some serious issue with the connection.
#6 - Lible
For a slow connection, a kickass torrent site is the most reliable thing.
Quote from jayhawk :Always worked well for me.

http://www.speedtest.net/

hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection. kindly guide me how to solve this problem .
#8 - majod
for me the speedtest website works fine, although it suggests me the wrong server every time (but i know which one to choose), you can try some reliable services to test your speed like downloading ati driver, or downloading from rapidshare if you have an account - both work 10MB/s for me...also you should turn off skype if you have it running before testing your connection speed
#9 - PoVo
Speedtest is always accurate for me. I always get 19.70~ mbps and my connection is a 20 mbps connection
Quote from pb32000 :I've never had true results from speedtest. It's always much slower than what my connection normal acheives, also the extreme flash seems to bog down pretty much any machine you throw at it

Use something like Rapidshare in parallel to measure speeds, much more effective I find.

changes for me...seems they have improved as its now correct again (100 mbit line)

Quote from gethwh :hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection. kindly guide me how to solve this problem .

the heck?
my speed should be 100mb down and 20 up
but that scanmyspeed gave me 15.76 down and 28,09 up.

edit* on second run it gave me 27 & 214.
third run 129 & 74.

that site throws out random numbers.

I would prefer speedtest.net also, seems pretty stable and close to true numbers (for me at least).
Hi,thanks for sharing!!
Quote from gethwh :Hi,thanks for sharing!!

Really useful comment to dig up a dead thread. Thanks!

reliable speedtest
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG