The online racing simulator
carousell like turn in LFS
(19 posts, started )

Poll : Do we need a corner like carousell?

Closed since :
no
yes
maybe 50/50
As the title says i think we need a turn like that in lfs if u want you can vote yes or no,
please also devighn your awnser

Do we need a corner like carousel at the nurburgring
NO unless it comes with the rest of the Nordschleife..

On any other track, the whole width of the track should be banked. But then you would've asked "do we need a banked corner", right?
Is the carousell paving the original one? (the banked part one, the inner and outer part are resurfaced)
Quote from Primoz :Is the carousell paving the original one? (the banked part one, the inner and outer part are resurfaced)

Yes i mean that old classic inner turn like the real carousel
I'd say no, as it would just be out of place. There is a reason the carousell exists, and it is unique to the Nords. Putting it somewhere else would just be weird. I'd like something similar to the carousel at Sears Point, though. (The sports car layout, not the neutered stock car layout)
#6 - ajp71
The Carousell is probably the dullest corner on the Nordschleife, all it has is the novelty value after that it is just a very low speed banked long radius concreted corner, you'll never race on it and there's only really one way to just drive round it.
+1 for the corner

although some will want the whole nordschleife then

i
I never thought the caroussel corner on the 'ring as anything special - just one corner with enough banking for one car = one fast line through the corner... As do we need a corner like that, not really unless it is an old track like the 'ring. Nürburgring on the other hand would be nice
would be cool twin drifting the top and bottom of it! +1 for corner
Quote from kroozin :would be cool twin drifting the top and bottom of it! +1 for corner

:splat:
Lol, how rude towards the drifter It's a corner, drive it how you want..

Anyway, +1, would be fun to see that corner in LFS.
It would be out of place, the only reason anyone likes the carousell is because it is a classic turn, a unique corner.
No carousel without Nordschleife
And because it's a German race track, it's still "Karussell".

As some others said, the whole Nordschleife is needed otherwise it's no fun...
I think that there are other parts of the Nords that would be better implemented. Flugplatz springs to mind
No, we don't need it, unless you've tried riding round it, you won't realise just how much of a SHOCKINGLY poor corner it is, only there for purely nostalgic reasons
Quote from MAGGOT :I'd say no, as it would just be out of place. There is a reason the carousell exists, and it is unique to the Nords. Putting it somewhere else would just be weird. I'd like something similar to the carousel at Sears Point, though. (The sports car layout, not the neutered stock car layout)

+1 to the sears point classic

thats what I thought the thread was about lol
Or the whole track, or nothing :Kick_Can_
God, imagine having the full Nordschleife

:ambulance

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG