The online racing simulator
Can we Please have a option not to repair damage in the live settings?
I must say that its very frustating when you race on a server with a pitstop required , you have to pit , you know you have some damge but its not affecting your lap times atm , now I dont have the option of not fixing it in the pit meaning the person I'm chasing who dont have damage pits for 2 seconds , my pit is 10 sec . Even though I was faster even with damage , I lost my advantage of maybe staying out longer etc . So a live setting of not fixing damage in the pit would be realy nice
Although I think this has been mentioned before, I whole hartedly agree.

On the other hand, it is fun to overtake someone right in front of you by pitting at the same time and needing far less time 'cause you've been driving clean, but it isn't very realistic and thus there should be a option.
i agree!

there should be another option in the pit menu.. even better it would be if you could choose what you want to repair... body, suspension, or both..
There should be an aero penalty (however small) for any damage. When there is, I agree, have an option not to repair minor damage.

However, there is NO penalty for body damage, OTHER than the pitstops, so I vote leave it in.

If there was no aero penalty, and no pitstop penalty, then there would be less incentive to AVOID damage in the first place...
If I remember right, the body damage is only visual damage so it does not afflict aerodynamics. For the suspension, if your inner wheel and it's nut watching the sundown, its not just visual
Good suggestion, this penalty stuff is just non-sense.
Quote from tailing :Good suggestion, this penalty stuff is just non-sense.

Huh? Aero penalty for body damage would be totally cool and realistic I think..

If a car's body is totally cracked up, it won't go as fast in RL in most cases do to drag, especially at high speed..

Also a wing getting damaged or the front lip on full body car would mess up the down-force and handling in a big way.

Seeing all this in LFS could only be a good thing.
Sorry I didn't make my post very clear. I meant that not allowing the option of not repairing damage for the sake of penalising drivers was nonsense. I actually appreciate the point a bit more now but still don't agree with it.
I just want to add my support for this feature! I just had a league race slightly ruined because I lost 10 secs in the pits fixing damage I didn't even know I had! I think this feature would be a logical thing to do, and shouldn't require too much thought for Scawen to program. Pretty please!
On the back of this improvement, which has happily been implemented, can we now have either: 1. The ability to have buttons assigned to 'Repair damage Yes/No' to save having to mess with F12, arrow down, arrow left etc. whilst driving into the pits. Or: 2. Allow selection of the repair(or not) whilst stationary. Either one, I'm not fussed, but having to mess with keyboard at speed has never been a strong point.

Using this thread to save space, before I'm jumped on for resurrecting an old thread.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG