The online racing simulator
CTRA Race 4
(22 posts, closed, started )
CTRA Race 4
I have Idea and come to tell it here.I think it will be good when the CTRA stuff make a CTRA Race 4 server with GTR-2 and GTR cars.But not to put on server too little laps per race.Put it about 30-40 laps and gave it per race without any accident and yellow flag pretty very nice points it will be more exciting and more racers there.When is one racer on server gave it I dont know 400points without causing any accident and yellow flag.But this is only my idea and I can"t tell CTRA stuff what to doing.What do you think?
I have never, ever seen Race 3 full.

So no, sorry. It's a decent idea, but that's what endurance day is for, and it'd simply spread the licenced racers much too far apart. My take on this suggestion would be to change it a bit, and say that endurance day should just use much longer races than it does now, but in the same server.

Sam
#3 - Dru
Quote from Dark Elite :I have never, ever seen Race 3 full.

So no, sorry. It's a decent idea, but that's what endurance day is for, and it'd simply spread the licenced racers much too far apart. My take on this suggestion would be to change it a bit, and say that endurance day should just use much longer races than it does now, but in the same server.

Sam

we used to get 20 odd people in Race 3 from time to time - it was great - but it was not consistant numbers..

The sort of thing that is being suggested is almost 'organised' races.

Thats the problem, pickup racing is fine, people will wait a few minutes and or still join and do a few warm up laps - but say you had a 30 min race, people turning up after a few laps would then not want to join and race for all that time and not get points etc etc..

Yeah.. It used to get quite a few people, but single-seaters seem to be spreading the user base a lot wider. I never did see it full, though, or even full enough to warrant a second server.

Good point about the longer races. How about the idea of partial points for MRJ drivers in endurance races, then?

Sam
You know these longer races on CTRA 3 were always good. Remember the days with a full server every night guys.

What i would like to see is that the GTR/GTR2 are driving more laps constantly with a mandatory pitstop. These cars are normally in races that do 50 or more. I know it isnt a pickup race anymore. But lets face it guys, the guys who are driving teh GTR/GTR2 are at least silver and up. The GTR racers are platinum and above. They should be very capable of getting a car around for at least 20 laps.

I love driving the GTR/GTR2 but always those short races. The should be longer these cars are made for it.
Personally, I agree - but only if we get silly points for it

But Dru's point about people not wanting to wait around for the start of the next race still stands. I think this would have to go to poll before it was actually decided, to see if people would actually bother with it.

Sam
#7 - SamH
Forum polls collect information from people who don't play LFS, not those who do. We stopped acting on them a while ago because of this.

The pool of players available to compete against right now in LFS multiplayer is not enough to sustain a new CTRA server. A single endurance day in the week is as much, and in most cases more, than we can sustain.
It will be good to make CTRA endurace server with GTR for much points.What do you think
#9 - SamH
Quote from DU-racer :It will be good to make CTRA endurace server with GTR for much points.What do you think

I like the *idea*, but I know that it won't work
#11 - SamH
Quote from SamH :Forum polls collect information from people who don't play LFS, not those who do. We stopped acting on them a while ago because of this.

The pool of players available to compete against right now in LFS multiplayer is not enough to sustain a new CTRA server. A single endurance day in the week is as much, and in most cases more, than we can sustain.

You know what I mean Sam. I am not saying you should. I am just saying that what the GTR are made for. I know people will stay of the server bcus they have to wait longer for the next race. Just giving my point of view. Although not activly racing currently
#13 - SamH
I wasn't thinking specifically of you niels! I just mean that in general, the vast majority of very vocal people on the forum don't spend much time actually driving in LFS. I'm guilty of it myself.

In the past, we've made the mistake of bending to the demands of people here on the forum (most particularly LRF/TBO servers) and had our time wasted in the process.. and it's just something I'm very wary of doing again.
Mentioning that, Sam, it's nice to see the LRFs as Gold-plus cars now... Right after I get my Gold, you change it. Sod's law, eh?

Although I must say, I get buggerall points in the things now - second out of four class-starters, from pole position, in a perfectly clean 14 laps of Blackwood only getting me 8 points? That was annoying

Sam
#15 - SamH
Yeah, the points need a slight re-jigging. That will happen in the next X-System update. I'm not quite sure when that will be, but it'll be in the next couple of days.
When did it be X3
Right, cheers Sam

Quote from DU-racer :When did it be X3

This really is getting quite annoying now.
Read other threads.
Read people's replies.
Think before posting.

Sam
I think it will be better make CTRA Endurace server with much points
Quote from DU-racer :When did it be X3

Blimey - you don't want much do you?! I'm still working on X2!

Quote from DU-racer :I think it will be better make CTRA Endurace server with much points

We think it's a good idea too. But it won't work. Have you read any of the other posts? There won't be enough drivers to fill the server to make it worthwhile. If you don't understand that then there's nothing I/we can do to help you.
yeah race 2 is hardly EVER full so i dont honestly dont think a race 4 will be any good.
Can you make Endurace server with much points on tryout 30days if that not work turn off server!!!
#22 - SamH
Quote from DU-racer :Can you make Endurace server with much points on tryout 30days if that not work turn off server!!!

Quote from SamH :The pool of players available to compete against right now in LFS multiplayer is not enough to sustain a new CTRA server. A single endurance day in the week is as much, and in most cases more, than we can sustain.

I'm quoting myself yet again, as I've quoted myself before. The answer is no, and it's final.
This thread is closed

CTRA Race 4
(22 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG