The online racing simulator
The server has epic failed - all go to FRO|FormulaRacing|#4
What a great race guys - well done

Let's hope the real race is like that.

Well, apart from the server

Thanks to FRO for the back-up server, and to you all for your patience whilst we sorted stuff out

Results and other stuff I'm sure Deko will provide
That was fun!

When is the next one
Can you pm the server pw cos i disco'd and didnt know the pw cos Joe only put it on! pls!!
hmmm can you release the dates for the upcoming training events? I will go pm'ing every entry on my LFSCART list about theire achieved requirements and it would be good to know them.
Quote : Thanks to FRO for the back-up server, and to you all for your patience whilst we sorted stuff out

No problem, #4 is there as a back up for you.

I would advise to develop a back up plan for the race day guys and just in case...prepare FRO #4 for race day too, for a plan B, just in case scenario.

As that is twice now a server has unfortunately failed on practice race days and why we had to get a back up ourselves. Shit happens, so plan round it..

LFSCART will move to the #4 server for the forthcoming Oval rounds.

Best, Maz
Practice Evening - June 11
Sorry for the late call guys, but I will be holding a Practice Evening tonight at 9pm BST (8pm GMT/UTC)

Format will be a 20 min Quali session, with a 30 lap race after, no pit stops.

Some indication of attendance would be appreciated.

We'll be back on our own server tonight (Kyoto 500) - normal pass, if you don't know it - PM me . If the server goes down like it did last night, FRO|FormulaRacing|#4 will be the backup server, and if that crashes, then it will most likely be FRO|FormulaRacing|#2

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

@Hyntty, Joe, Deko e.t.c, Admin help would be appreciated
Seeing as it's getting so close, I think that in the next day or so we should set out all (or just how many) practice sessions we're going to do between now and Qualifying. Then people know how many opportunities they have left to meet the requirements
if you need any help in admining, just call me...
I'll be there, I hope.
cant find the server, where is it?? I need to attend this practice session.....
That didn't go well. . However, quali did go quite well, apart from some name/setup/timing/drafting issues. Poor old DWB got taken out again (but then won )

PLEASE will everyone take a look at the UPDATED rules (as of 4/6/08), LOOK at the new start procedures.

Thanks to DWB for the feedback regarding the 'wait for green flag' command - that's the kind of stuff we want . The actual racing was pretty good - as usual. It's just getting you going that's the problem!

Yes, we should have waved the start off - correct.
-
(Elderado) DELETED by Elderado
Its just you had no problems bending the rules durring quali but yet you hand out drive thrus during race???? Bit harsh i think, anyways i'll live with it. :banghead:
Having had a think about it, I'm the one responsible for the Drive through penalty shambles. I gave a DTP to ilaybrk for jumping the start, because he was the only one I saw who jumped at the time.

It was only fair to give the same punishment to all. If I had realised how many people had jumped, I wouldn't have given the penalty(ies).

Anyway
I think it went ok. Great admining guys, Just need a few improvments.
Right.

DISCLAIMER: The following is me trying to sort out the situation. I'm not meaning to be an **** about this, I just am being strict on this because I DO NOT want this to even be remotely close to happening on June 21, 22, or 28th.

So, I'm looking at the replay and am shaking my head.

The start should have either been waved off, or let go. In any case, because one "went", everyone went as a matter of reaction. So no penalties shoudl have been handed.

The rest is pretty good, racing-wise.

The D/Ts SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HANDED OUT. Everyone who went had some sort of second-thought pause. Everyone had the "Oh s**t ! I shouldn't go yet !" reaction.

I will be VERY strict during the qualifications and races. And this is NOT JUST for the drivers, but also the admins. Anytime during a session, or before and after it, when I'm in the server, I AM IN CHARGE. I will send a PM to those who have volunteered to help admin (thankyou for doing so, of course) detailing what responsibilities are.

Again - I apologies to those who were in the session today for the problems. I am giving credit to those who were there.

There will be some changes to the regulations in the next 48 hours.

dekojester.
....And while you're changing the rules could you change 'Team Speak' to 'Ventrilo'. I kinda forgot to do that
Quote from dekojester :

The start should have either been waved off, or let go. In any case, because one "went", everyone went as a matter of reaction. So no penalties shoudl have been handed.

The rest is pretty good, racing-wise.

The D/Ts SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HANDED OUT. Everyone who went had some sort of second-thought pause. Everyone had the "Oh s**t ! I shouldn't go yet !" reaction.

Ok, I'm gonna try and not sound like an utter pilloc: It was way too early for anyone to even think about going. There's no differernce between one driver taking a jump start or half the field doing so. It clearly says in the rulebook that the green flag is shown when the leader crosses the 'green flag' line marked with orange cones and a chalk line. Should it be marked better maybe? Now the administrative error was that Jack gave up and pressed the button when everyone started to go. This I should have spotted and yelled at him.

Secondly, let's make it clear what the qualifying is like. How about if in the next practicce(s) it'll be in the ky500 format, or only an open track if there's technical difficulities? Someone said that it can be confusing (when the format is switched back and forward, why not go with the one that's in the rules).

Quote from JO53PHS :....And while you're changing the rules could you change 'Team Speak' to 'Ventrilo'. I kinda forgot to do that

So it is ventrilo we're using now? I bet the server slots are gonna be full with all competitors and fm people there
Quote from Notices thread, which Hyntty, and all other competitors, should be checking regularly :We will be changing the voice communication system we use from Team Speak to Ventrilo. We are doing this for improved sound quality amongst other reasons.

The server is vt.fragmaster.net, and the port is 3808.

We will be in the 'NDR Racing Team' room.

Ventrilo can be downloaded on the website, here:

http://www.ventrilo.com/

If you have problems with this please contact Dekojester

Quote from hyntty :Now the administrative error was that Jack gave up and pressed the button when everyone started to go. This I should have spotted and yelled at him.

No I didn't - I waited for the leaders to cross the line IIRC.

Still disagree with Deko about the handing out of penalties. DWB, Falke and Greg didn't floor it . It's the only fair punishment to be given. Correct - I should've waved off the start. I was very close to, and on heli cam watching the person that was in second place, and it looked like to me that everyone was back in formation again. However, DWB, Falke and Greg were halfway back down the home straight - and not in the formation that I saw, but I didn't know that. That's why I gave the green flag.

Also, I have changed my 'wait' bind (which was STAY AT 50MPH/80KPH - WAIT FOR GREEN). When you're waiting for the green flag, one thing that you can see is the 'green' on the end of it, especially as it's a different colour, so people think that it's green flag without reading the rest of it

I've changed it to being all in red now - thanks to DWB for that.

Everything up until the point where Joe pitted was really good stuff - everyone was in perfect formation, although everyone's tyres were a little cold - we might have to look at that.

EDIT: I don't want a big argument to come out of this please - just general comments and no attacks on people.
To quote a PM he sent me:

Quote from dekojester :

And by the way, SC period speed WILL BE 150 KPH/whatever that is in MPH. It's better for several reasons: It's around the midrange of 2nd gear for most, so wheelspin isn't too big of an issue. It helps keep the pace of the race up, and it helps keep heat in tyres.

:-)

More updates to the rules from me in the next 48 hours, too.

d

15 June OFFICIAL PRACTICE SESSION
There will be an official Practice Session for the Inaugural Kyoto 500 on Sunday, June 15th 2008.

The session will be a one-hour Free Practice.

The LFSCART folks are doubly welcome as they are having a race at Kyoto Oval later that evening.

The session will start at 18:00 UTC.

An indication of attendance is appreciated here.

Look for a post later this weekend with info for ALL sessions next week.

d
I think I might drive a few laps since the race is at 19:00...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG