The online racing simulator
CTRA Chat
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Dru
CTRA Chat
Just a quickie - is it me or is the chat facility in CTRA Race Authourity Website no longer there?
yh was removed cos of problems with it, as in the code
Quote from Dru :Just a quickie - is it me or is the chat facility in CTRA Race Authourity Website no longer there?

Someone actually wants to talk to you?
#4 - Dru
Quote from The Moose :Someone actually wants to talk to you?

nah - I wanna talk to them - it was a great way of Getting Sam and Chris outta bed ...

not the same bed of course....
Quote from The Moose :Someone actually wants to talk to you?

:ices_rofl mahahaha sorry Dru but is kinda funny
Quote from Dru :nah - I wanna talk to them - it was a great way of Getting Sam and Chris outta bed ...

not the same bed of course....

LOL Yeah Sam is busy ATM and doesn't have the time to look at the chat service, it will be back, but after we sort some other stuff out first.
I don't understand why there should be chat. Some kind of PM-system would be much better alternative (And then again: I could send the PM's using LFSforums...).

I have never seen more than 2 on the chat at the same time.
#8 - SamH
The most I saw was about 10 in there. We added it in the first instance because we created a similar system for the CTRA admins, so that we could work more effectively together on reports. It was easily portable, and seemed pretty good code, so we stuck it on MyCTRA. However, for some reason we have yet to properly work out, the processor load on the server was massive. If one person joined chat, one of the server's processors would immediately jump up in usage by 20%. Basically we couldn't allow MyCTRA Chat to get popular until we figured out the issue.. we had to drop it.

I'd thought about a PM system, but as you point out there's already that option here on this forum. We have in-server team messaging across servers and AFAIK, that's never been much used. I don't think LFSers are lacking in the ability to communicate that we at CTRA can really help them with, at the end of the day.
#9 - Dru
Quote from SamH :The most I saw was about 10 in there. We added it in the first instance because we created a similar system for the CTRA admins, so that we could work more effectively together on reports. It was easily portable, and seemed pretty good code, so we stuck it on MyCTRA. However, for some reason we have yet to properly work out, the processor load on the server was massive. If one person joined chat, one of the server's processors would immediately jump up in usage by 20%. Basically we couldn't allow MyCTRA Chat to get popular until we figured out the issue.. we had to drop it.

I'd thought about a PM system, but as you point out there's already that option here on this forum. We have in-server team messaging across servers and AFAIK, that's never been much used. I don't think LFSers are lacking in the ability to communicate that we at CTRA can really help them with, at the end of the day.

indeed - so just keep your msm on, your landline free and your mobile handy and i'll never need to use the chat again

oh yeah - don't forget the dual login of TS and vent as well

CTRA Chat
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG