The online racing simulator
chip tuning - wizardry?
(80 posts, started )
Proudly bumping the thread...

This feature has been suggested by my cousin. My brother was persuaded by him and has plugged the kit into Volvo V50 1.6D yesterday. Total cost including dyno test is nearly about EUR 150. And after dyno test he confirmed the given results.

http://www.racechip.de/racechi ... lvo-V50-1-6-D-2361-r.html

If you install the kit, the manufacturer declare that your car will be out of guarantee. On the other hand uninstalling the kit is very easy in general. Moreover, there is no trace after unplugging the kit. Consequently this system is more effective and reasonable on diesel motors rather than gasoline ones.
I actually believe that chiptuning is able to significantly increase the drivability of many cars, especially (only?) ones with FI engines.
At the same time, fuel efficiency can be SLIGHLY improved or kept the same, at lower revs where the power usually is about the same on these FI engines. Of course a turbo pushing a lot more air than standard at high revs will make the engine require more fuel.

A related topic is aftermarket air filters. Seriously, replacing your OEM filter will do exactly nothing to your car. Unless your filter is extremely clogged by shit, it won't change anything. I have actually measured pressure drops all the way from the intake snorkel to the intake manifold, and a new aftermarket filter was no better than a 3 year old OEM filter that was pretty dirty. Cold air intakes will of course help with the air temperature, but please do it correctly.

tl;dr Chip tuning works for turbos. K&N is a scam.

Also, major bumpage.
Quote from tristancliffe :Chip Tuning - A waste of time. You don't get something for nothing (not including the price of 'tuning' the chip [or replacing it]).

A con for stupid people in my opinion.

on u
#80 - Osco
Quote from tristancliffe :But I've not heard of anyone in this thread that 'tunes' their car and DOES know what they are doing.

I'll make a post here then.

chip tuning - wizardry?
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG