The online racing simulator
Problem with pitspotter
(17 posts, started )
Problem with pitspotter
This is probably a stupid question, but I have a problem with the pitspotter (http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/lfs/). I installed it as indicated in the readme, but when I run it I keep getting these error messages in LFS (see attachment).

What am I doing wrong? I have no idea which password is meant in the messages...
Attached images
Screen1.jpg
Its the server admin password that you set from the create server screen, it is also used by insim for some reason.
thanks, that did the trick.

But it is strange though... Ah well, as long as it works
This is a GREAT addition...now if only I could replace the Nascar 2003 'stinky Pete' voice for the earlier Nascar 3 'Gomer Pyle' hehe.
how do u get it to work i've extracted etc but it keeps saying i've timed out and when i enter and exit the pits i dnt here anything
He just said in the 2nd post, you need to make sure you don't have a server or admin password in and it will work. Yes it's strange but it fixes it.
Quote from Mark_Casey :This is a GREAT addition...now if only I could replace the Nascar 2003 'stinky Pete' voice for the earlier Nascar 3 'Gomer Pyle' hehe.

As a guess, I'd say that the wav files arent checked for validity, so you should beable to just replace them with new voices

You can find them in the root LFS directory, under "spotter"
#8 - avih
I have another issue with pitspotter (1.1b). after about an hour or so of playing, lfs "sort of" hangs. i.e. it nearly freezes, sound goes into a loop (intervals of about 5s or so) and after a while it crashes. tried to bring up task manager, and pitspotter is not taking exessive resources. lfs takes about 130M ram. it never happened without pitspotter running. it happened to me few times already with pitspotter running.

[edit]
forgot to mention. after it happens, i get an error when running lfs (can't initialize graphics), it runs again only after reboot.
[/edit]

and, pitspotter is so helpfull. excellent addon

ps.
my pc spec: Asus MB, nForce 2 chipset, A XP 2500+, onboard realtek sound chip, 1G ram, FX5600 ultra 128M (@ 1600x1200), Win XP pro, SP1, sidewinder ff usb wheel.
Cheers, Mr. angel...actually using 'some' of those sounds you can have a small team of spotters
nice :up:
The pitspotter is fantastic and works great. I'm loving it. I've found it to be very accurate as well. If I have a guy coming up on me that I let by, as soon as I hear "Clear" I pull back in right behind the guy. One note is that I hate Darrel Waltrip in the NR2003 sim. It get's annoying after a while. I downloaded a spotter pack from JJ or something at another forum a while back. It uses sound bites of Jimmy Johnson's spotter and crew chief. These are much better than the original wav files that came with NR2003. You wouldn't use them all here for pitspotter, but you can still figure out which files to replace. Any NR2003 guys remember where JJ's pit spotter sounds are from? I think it was at MasGraphics or Superspeedway.net that I got them. I still have them, but I wanted to provide a link here for other's so if you know, post the link up.
what does this actually do?

and were can i get it?
Quote from R3DMAN :what does this actually do?

and were can i get it?

lol, link in first post. http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/lfs/

It tells you where the other cars on the track are. Very handy. I like it
I tried it offline last night, and I experienced that sometimes when I was driving side by side with someone the program suddenly told me that it was clear, even though I knew that the car was still there.
Its not perfect, and definately still shouldnt stop you from looking around yourself, but it is very handy
yeah, do you know of sites that got more sound files? the guy starts to get a little irritating :-P
Quote from MyBoss :yeah, do you know of sites that got more sound files? the guy starts to get a little irritating :-P

I guess as they're just .wav files you could record your own voice...but for me that would be even more irritating

Problem with pitspotter
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG