The online racing simulator
stronger torque band
(32 posts, started )
It's possibly the lack of flat spots on the torque/power curves that make them feel like the OP suggests. I think some people, rather than feeling the flat spot, feel the increase afterwards, and think that the engines getting better as the revs increase rather than having an area of poorer performance (if you see what I mean).

Personally I'd look at the reasons for the flat spot in the road car than worry about the lack of 'surge' just afterwards in LFS Wink
Huru-aito - excellent work but I should point out that the LFS torque curves in VHPA have (still) not been matched upto the latest torque curves in patch Y, so I don't know how accurate they are.
Well, today's artificially limited (constant torque if you will) engines do feel dull, but the performance sure isn't.

Maybe we'd need more real life like torque curves in LFS. They wouldn't be stronger (if that's what the OP indeed meant), but rapid changes in engine torque output would make breaking the traction more easy. If any sane person would want that is a different story..

EDIT: Bob, hush! Anyways, the shape of the torque curve won't change much, especially not that much that it'd differ greatly from the GT3 curve.
Put the LX6 in reverse and go full throttle and see what happens. I know reverse is a high gear but as soon as the power band hits the tires will break loose. May not be with every car but shows the kind of feeling I was looking for.
Thus finally proving that there is no need for extreme modification, and that the engine modelling does indeed simulate powerbands accurately?

Sam
for the most part..I geuss I ate my own words right there...but a little more of a pants in the seat feeling wouldnt hurt(maybe I just need a motion base)..still doesnt solve the turbo problem
Indeed.

The feeling you're after is damn hard to replicate in a simulator without hardware requirements, but personally I think LFS does a better job than most. Do you have the G-movement settings turned up as far as they go?

The turbo modelling is a well-known issue already.

Sam

stronger torque band
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG