The online racing simulator
New Wheel And Lag [solved]
(7 posts, started )
Ive just bought a Logitech formula wheel. It works wonders when i play a single player or do hotlapping.

The problem is when i play online it pauses for about 0.5sec every 5 seconds

I checked my connection Download 2212.6 Kbps and my upload is running slowish upload 271.1 K bytes/sec

But when i use a mouse or keyboard the lag doesnt seem so bad.

My specs are

Intel Pentium 4, 2600 MHz
512MB RAM
256MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Windows xp

WHAT COULD IT BE

Regards

Stu
When you say "it pauses" do you mean the whole game hangs for a moment, or just that the input from the wheel gets stuck in one position?

One thing you should try is increasing the "minimum sleep" in the misc options, by a few ms.
The game pauses for the 0.5sec every 5 seconds. its really strange. Only happens when playing online.

Ive tried increasing the min sleep as ive read that in other posts but still get the problem.

Ill just have to wait until the end of the month untill i get a new unlock
#4 - Noccy
have u got any other USB-device connected?
My pc did this when i had a USB headphone and my wheel connected at the same time. Took me quite some time to figure it out, but unplugging the headphone before i booted the pc did the trick and never had any stutters since.
Think the USB-port didnt like all the data from wheel and headphones(+mic) at the same time and made the pc stutter while it catched up

Hope it helps
Ive just been playing for about an hour and its been ok

I did a few tests first,

I drove with having my wheel unplugged and exited the software which came with it. used the mouse and keyboard and it worked perfectly well.

then i

Plugged my steering wheel in and used the windows conf. It worked fine

then i Used my steering wheel again with the software which came with it and thats when it messed up.

I reistalled the drivers and updated them and now it seems to be working a treat
I got same problem, everything worked fine, but few minutes before important race I got problems desribed by blkcliostu

I have Saitek R440 wheel...

I solved problem by restaring computer and very quick check by Spybot, Ad-aware, CCleaner and Registry compressor... and the problems disappeared...
Problem Strikes Again
Ive starting experiencing the same problem again.

Ive got a replay of what happens i started off with my wheel on and i get bad lagg. I then change my settings to mouse and the lag goes.

Check the Limits at the bottem left
Attached files
slowness.mpr - 57.5 KB - 345 views

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG