The online racing simulator
sliders for speedreduce and reducehalf
Just like the "wheel turn compensation", it might be nice to have sliders in the control-options for "speedreduce" (0-1) and "reducehalf" (0-200, right?).

seems like atm you can only find out about those two values in the commands.txt.
#2 - Gil07
What do these options do exactly?
you use it to lower the maximum lock the faster you go.

if i get it right, an example would be: if you have your maximum lock at 16°, speedreduce at 1 and reducehalf at 100 (which is meter/second, so 360kph), max. lock should be reduced to 8° when you´re driving 360kph.
Somewhat like speed-related power steering, then?

Do we have power steering modelled in any of the cars? Seems rather odd to implement this if we don't, especially in race cars.. And it might get a little bit strange in some situations. After all, such systems in real cars are sometimes ridiculed in the motoring press as getting things heroically wrong.

Interesting suggestion, though.

Sam
These settings only effect the keyboard steering system. You can set them in game with commands though, save editing the ini. Sliders would be a bit more user friendly though.
Wheel turn compensation is mentioned, and this is also in the menu for steering wheel setups, isn't it?

Sam
huge +1 from me. This is used in a lot of games such as the GTA series to make it easier for controllers to steer at high speeds. I use a 360 controller to play lfs so it sounds like a good suggestion to me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG