The online racing simulator
oneGP International Front Driven Series - Signups
This is the thread in which to sign up to the IFDS. Please read the rules below so you can get a feel of this original series and then sign up!

For future race signups you will need to register at the oneGP IFDS forum: http://onegp.forum-motion.net/ ... l-front-driven-series-c4/

A maximum of 20 drivers will be able to sign up for each race, and you must be on this list before you apply for an IFDS event. Basically, this thread is the "mailing list" for notifications about signups for each event. You can sign up here or in the IFDS forums. Drivers will be given numbers in the order that they sign up, starting from number 2. So, who's first?

When you sign up, please include this information:

Racer Name:
User Name:
Home event (Not event 6):

No......Driver
2.........J@tko
3..........LFSn00b
4.........zeugnimod
5.........Silverarrows77
6.........ihab abbas
7.........Gil07
8.........james12s
9.........pacesetter
10........dan12s
11........Thunderhead
12........speedway
13........Theo Saad
14........blackbird04217
15........N I K I
16........lizardfolk
17........(-Mark-)
18........Luke.S
19........Rikje
20........Michel 4AGE
21........hariel-HUN-

Calendar: All days are Saturdays
Event 1 - 12th July
<4 week gap>
Event 2 - 9th August
Event 3 - 23rd August
Event 4 - 6th September
Event 5 - 20th September
<1 week gap>
Event 6 - 27th September

IFDS

The International Front Driven Series - Can you handle the front?

Day/Time: Saturdays at 1900 UTC/GMT
Car: FXO
Tracks:

Fern Bay Green - 9 Laps - 18 Laps
Aston National Reverse - 6 Laps - 12 Laps
Kyoto National - 6 Laps - 12 Laps
South City Long Reverse - 6 Laps - 12 Laps
Aston Club - 10 Laps - 20 Laps
Blackwood GP Reverse - 8 Laps - 16 Laps

Race Format:
The weekend starts with a 20 minute (25 minutes for home racers, see "Home Race") qualifying session to decide the grid for race 1 - a short 12 minute sprint.
The results of the sprint race define the starting grid of the second race, a longer 25 minute race. However, the top 9-14 positions will be reversed for the grid of the second race. This means a random draw will be made before the start of race 2, deciding how many cars will be reversed. If the number 13 is drawn, the top 13 finishers of race 1 will start in reverse order, and everyone from 14th onwards will start in the same order they finished.

Points System:
The top 10 drivers will receive points - 2 more in race 1 than in race 2.

Race 1
1st - 17
2nd - 14
3rd - 12
4th - 10
5th - 8
6th - 7
7th - 6
8th - 5
9th - 4
10th- 3

Race 2
1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th- 1

An extra 1 points is awarded for pole position in race 1.
An extra 1 point is awarded for Fastest lap in both race 1 and 2.
An extra 1 point is awarded to anyone who leads either race for at least one lap, except for the winner of either race.
An extra 1 point is awarded to anyone who finishes on the podium in both races in each event.
You must be a classified finisher to score points.

Score drops:
Your 2 worst race scores will be dropped - this accounts for one weekend of being away or just 2 really bad races. This also accounts for not having signed up. If you miss an event because you didn't sign up in time, or if you discovered the series late, the drop scores will help you somewhat. If there are a number of equal low scores, the low score that occured first will be dropped. If the championship is a tie, the number of non-dropped wins will be counted. If the score is still a tie it will be based on 2nd positions, 3rds, pole positions and fastest laps.

Ballast: This series will give ballast to those who are the most successful.
In qualifying and race 1 of the event, ballast is given in the order of the championship standings. This means that the first race of the series will have no ballast at all. BALLAST MUST BE CARRIED IN QUALIFYING.
In race 2, ballast is given in the finishing order of race 1. Ballast checks will be made after the race, by watching the replay. Incorrect ballast (ie too little/none) means a disqualification.

Postion Ballast
1st 17kg
2nd 14kg
3rd 12kg
4th 10kg
5th 9kg
6th 8kg

Home Race:
You may pick one of 5 events as your home race. Home races give you a point advantage for a top 6 finish, and also a 5 minute qualifying bonus - as in you get 25 minutes and everyone who doesn't have a home race at a given circuit gets 20. You may not pick the last event as your home race. In that event, everybody will get the 25 minute qualifying session and no home race bonus points will be given.

Home Race Bonus Points:
Winner in one or both races: 3 point bonus
2nd, 3rd in one or both races: 2 point bonus
4th, 5th, 6th in one or both races: 1 point bonus
7th and below in both races: no bonus
These points are given at the end of the event, as in, you can only receive one set of bonus points. For example, if you come 7th, and then win, you will get the bonus points for a win. So you will get 3 points. Conversly, if you come 2nd, and win, you will get the bonus points for a win, but not for 2nd. So you will get 3 bonus points in total. If you come second and third, you will get 2 bonus points in total etc.

General Conduct Rules:
Everyone participating must have Ventrilo and must be connected to the server so they can be contacted during the race. Talking on Ventrilo during the race is forbidden. Anyone caught and recognised to be talking in the race will be given a 10 second time penalty to their race result.
Text chat in LFS is allowed. It is up to those who are racing to block messages. Most admin talk will be done in Ventrilo.

Any driving that is deemed to be dangerous, such as blocking the track, going the wrong way and sitting upside down on track will result in the disqualification of the racer, and possibly more serious concequenses depending on the case.

When the grid for Race 2 is being formed, you will be notified to join via Ventrilo. If you fail to join within 15 seconds of your name being called, you will be relegated to the back of the grid. If you fail to join at all, you cannot join mid-race, even from the pitlane on lap 1.

Anyone who has been the victim of an incident must report it to the admin of the event within 48 hours of the event taking place, reporting where and when the incident happened, and who to look at. A decision based upon general accepted racing standards will be made. Penalties will either be time penalties or postion penalties, and even disqualification.
#2 - J@tko
PROVISIONAL SIGN UP
(I'm signing up now, but might have to withdraw depending on various things, but I should be able to make at least some of the Races, but certainly not Event 1 as I'm on holiday, and maybe not the last event as I'm back at school then)

Racer Name: [TG] Hammond
User Name: J@tko
Home event : Event 3

EDIT: I have to have number 2, right?
Sounds interesting.

Racer Name: [noobs] zeugnimod
User Name: zeugnimod
Home event: Event 5
Just for everybody's information, I have made a slight change to the calendar: Event 2 is moved backwards by two weeks, and every other event follows that, apart from event 6 which is 1 week after event 5.

Quote from J@tko :

EDIT: I have to have number 2, right?

Yes

EDIT - but for next season, people will be able to use the number of the position in which they finished this series.
There is currently a server operating, www.onegp.net, that has a rotation of tracks with the FXO, if you want to test the car out. The server isn't always on FXO, but right now it is.
Hi there

Racer Name: PRT I Abbas
User Name: ihab abbas
Home event : Aston Club

good luck 4 all

any teams shampion ship ?
Quote from Ihab Abbas :Hi there

Racer Name: PRT I Abbas
User Name: ihab abbas
Home event : Aston Club

good luck 4 all

any teams shampion ship ?

There won't be a teams' championship for this season, no
But you will make videos of the events, won't you?
#9 - Gil07
Seems interesting, I'm signing up provisionally (for the 5 rounds that don't clash with IGTC anyway )

Racer Name: [SR] Gil
User Name: Gil07
Home event: Event 1
Quote from zeugnimod :But you will make videos of the events, won't you?

That's yet to be decided.

Quote from Gil07 :Seems interesting, I'm signing up provisionally (for the 5 rounds that don't clash with IGTC anyway )

I wish that they'd put that on the LFS calendar!

I guess that round will be your dropscore round then.
Racer Name:[tPM]J.Taylor
User Name: pacesetter
Home event (Not event 6):
Kyoto (could i pick an event any further away?:-))
Quote from pacesetter :Sign me up pls and can i have number 17 please? I have a skin and all for the number

Could you please read the first post, and post the information that I asked?

And also, no, you will be given a number I'm afraid.
ah you just beat me before my edit! and yes ive done that
Quote from pacesetter :ah you just beat me before my edit! and yes ive done that

And you beat me before my PM!
so thats 17 points for me and you?
Quote :Calendar: All days are Saturdays
Event 1 - 12th July
<4 week gap>
Event 2 - 9th August
Event 3 - 23rd August
Event 4 - 6th September
Event 5 - 20th September
<1 week gap>
Event 6 - 27th September

gaps wrong should be between 4 and 5 not 5 and 6
Quote from pacesetter :so thats 17 points for me and you?

Plus home race bonus points, but yeah, you're about right.
also should this nort be in the onegp section or in a subsection within the ongp section
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Thats the general plan mate - a subsection - i just have been pushed for time to ask Victor yet.

It'd be good to leave it here, where it's more out in the open so more people will view it.
Racer Name:RP.Dan12s
User Name:dan12s
Home event:3
Adding Thunderhead:

Racer Name: Thunderhead
User Name: Thunderhead
Home event Event One
10 drivers in 2 days, not bad! There's still a month and 9 days to go...
Quote from james12s :gaps wrong should be between 4 and 5 not 5 and 6

Why?

EDIT - wow, something funny happened with the calendar.
well 20th to the 27th is the normal gap but before the 20th tis the 6th giving a 14 day gap therefore a 1 week gap cos you have the useually week seperation and another one
Quote from james12s :well 20th to the 27th is the normal gap but before the 20th tis the 6th giving a 14 day gap therefore a 1 week gap cos you have the useually week seperation and another one

14 days is 2 weeks. All the rounds (apart from 1 and 2, 5 and 6) are separated by 2 weeks/14 days. There is a 7 day gap between events 5 and 6.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG