The online racing simulator

Poll : How many monitors do you use when racing?

More
How many monitors do you race with?
Curious how many monitors people use when racing in LFS.
One?

I know this sounds stupid, but i would'nt actually like TH2G, i dont like the gaps where the monitors stand next to each other, it pisses me off when racing.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :One?

I know this sounds stupid, but i would'nt actually like TH2G, i dont like the gaps where the monitors stand next to each other, it pisses me off when racing.

If i had more then one monitor or more money, however you want to look at it....... I would just pretend the bezels are the A-pillars of the car.
#4 - amp88
Just the 1 - I don't have the desk space for any more but I'd like to try it at some point in the future.
#5 - Jakg
3, but it's not as amazing as I first thought - the second 2 lag a little bit (which is a bit annoying), and also I never consciously look at the other 2 screens.
Quote from Jakg :3, but it's not as amazing as I first thought - the second 2 lag a little bit (which is a bit annoying), and also I never consciously look at the other 2 screens.

Interesting.... I would like to know if you are using SoftTH or TH2G?

I could see where SoftTH *might* do something like that.
I'm on a single - 30"
#9 - SamH
Quote from jbirdaspec :Interesting.... I would like to know if you are using SoftTH or TH2G?

I could see where SoftTH *might* do something like that.

Since Jak's probably sleeping off his White Lightning cider or throwing up in his baseball cap, I'll answer for him. He's using SoftTH. Apparently the lag is such that the same things visibly appear in adjascent monitors at the same time. I've wondered if it's actually more of a persistence of vision/visual periphery issue (probably caused by Jak sniffing his own socks).. dunno.
Quote from SamH :Since Jak's probably sleeping off his White Lightning cider or throwing up in his baseball cap, I'll answer for him. He's using SoftTH. Apparently the lag is such that the same things visibly appear in adjascent monitors at the same time. I've wondered if it's actually more of a persistence of vision/visual periphery issue (probably caused by Jak sniffing his own socks).. dunno.

HEHE

I have considered getting a triple setup because I have a 8800gt in my pc now and have another 7900gt in the closet. Even though I can't use the 7900gt for graphics processing, it would still be a good choice since I should be able to put it on my second pci-e 16x expansion on my motherboard.

Do you know it Jak is using

A: pci-e(main) and a pci-e (secondary) setup
B: pci-e and pci
C: AGP and pci

Sorry to be so specific, this is just something I have thought about before, but never really went to in depth with with researching.

jay
#11 - SamH
Quote from SamH :All I know about Jak's system is here: http://jakg.ukct.net/rig.gif

OMG you haxored his computer! You 0wn!

(Please excuse ones self if the above was not, "l33t" enough, i'm far removed from the world of the script kiddy.)

srdsprinter, you voted for "More", how many monitors you use?
#13 - Jakg
I use SoftTH, and I also get a constant 30-35 FPS no matter what - I think my issues are because of SoftTH being in early development, and the fact my mobo's second lane is 4x.
#14 - dev
Where is the "none" option I use a projector for playing games... There's nothing like a 3x2m picture on the wall
One monitor for me, due to a combination of being poor, running a Radeon X1300, and having a small desk anyway
Quote from SamH :All I know about Jak's system is here: http://jakg.ukct.net/rig.gif

Where exactly d'you live again, Jak?

Out of more serious interest, that data there is pretty much all you'd ever need to know, I like it - did most of it come from a program, or did you write it up yourself?

Sam
#16 - Jakg
Overclock.net (a PC forum) has a "Rig" section and I entered all the info, and then just screenshotted it - it's put into a little "postbit" at the bottom of each post, an example is here.

All the data has to be typed into a form manually (screenshot below).
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
just one for me but it is a 42" hd tv and i get with my nvidia geforce xfx 8600gt xxx edition (pre overclocked) gpu 90 to 99 fps awsome no need for any more screens
#18 - Jakg
Quote from Dark Elite :Out of more serious interest, that data there is pretty much all you'd ever need to know, I like it - did most of it come from a program, or did you write it up yourself?

Check my sig again :P

(Click the link that says "PC")
Hehe, right

I was really wondering if you'd tracked down a program that can read such detail about hardware, like processor stepping and so on. So, I suppose I'll have to stick to writing these things myself, then thanks, though!
Seeing as my next PC will actually be built by me for a change - hopefully I'll manage it - I'll know all the details anyway, and I'm not terribly bothered by finding out what stepping revision my current CPU uses when it's on a Dell motherboard running a Dell BIOS. Seems a bit irrelevant really!

Now we're getting properly off-topic.

Something that occured to me, and that I've never been quite sure about - if you were running two identical graphics cards, and two monitors, would you simply plug a monitor into each card and let each card run its own monitor independently? Or is there something more complicated in the way the motherboard would deal with it?

Sam
Quote from Dark Elite :Hehe, right

I was really wondering if you'd tracked down a program that can read such detail about hardware, like processor stepping and so on.

Sam

I think this is the kind of program you are referring to.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
You know, I forgot CPU-Z gave processor stepping. I've been using it for about a year, and I did notice that it gave steping, but somehow had no idea about it when making that post. I didn't check either... Nnnnnngh. Obviously revision is frying my brain or something

Thank you very much all the same, though

Actually, looking through all of CPU-Z's information pages again, I've been reminded just how handy it is. Thank you even more for reminding me of it, then now I feel officially 'noob'!

Sam
TBH i couldn't remember for sure until i fired it up and checked. Something in my brain just said CPU-Z??? When I saw your post and figured A: He knows about this and it isn't exactly what he is looking for or B: Other .

However, I was pretty sure looking at the way you spoke in your posts you had been exposed to this app at some time or another.

Glad I could be of assistance.
#23 - Jakg
okey i use 2 but i look at one , becaue i have copy monitor 1 .

the one that i use in lfs is my tv. samsung game ready 36 inch
Quote from PAracer :Just one. This one. http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=165

I'm still getting used to looking up to see what position I'm racing for.

Quote from r4ptor :I'm on a single - 30"

Quote from dev :Where is the "none" option I use a projector for playing games... There's nothing like a 3x2m picture on the wall

Quote from S20LEN :just one for me but it is a 42" hd tv and i get with my nvidia geforce xfx 8600gt xxx edition (pre overclocked) gpu 90 to 99 fps awsome no need for any more screens

Quote from hotmail :okey i use 2 but i look at one , becaue i have copy monitor 1 .

the one that i use in lfs is my tv. samsung game ready 36 inch

Freaks. I have a single 15" with a resolution of 1024x768. How cute.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG