The online racing simulator
Don't see it either.
When you post a complaint, always explain what exactly it is about, otherwise it's a useless complaint. Don't assume other people will see or think the same as you.
well if you DL the replay and look at his run onto the start/finish he takes the slip road for greater drive onto the home staright before he starts his HL
i guess you just viewed it on the replay analyzer.
Quote from Psymonhilly :well if you DL the replay and look at his run onto the start/finish he takes the slip road for greater drive onto the home staright before he starts his HL
i guess you just viewed it on the replay analyzer.

Pretty standard practice I think?
allot of guys do it, u can do it to, there is nothing wrong with taking a little speed
Whats about the Shift scripts ? Some people use every little trick to be faster because they are mostly lousy drivers.
Would nice to see clearly durring the race in witch way everybody Shift.
Like the Wheel, Mouse, Keyborad displaying on the names.
This will show us when racers use a mystery Controller.
Hate people who drive with Pedals and mouse or such thinks. (disgrace )

They destroy the credibility of Lfs!!!
Quote from Xenix74 :
Hate people who drive with Pedals and mouse or such thinks.

Just for curiosity:
In which way should that be an advantage or even a cheat?!
The "advantage" is that you can countersteer nearly instantly, though the same is achievable by being lame and using a low steering rotation. However in general I agree that mouse steering should get a maximum steering speed limitation, for realism's sake.
Quote from Xenix74 :Some people use every little trick to be faster because they are mostly lousy drivers...

lol I just can't let that one go past

Little is the key word here, yes some people do use scripts for changing gears, they do use pedals in combination with mouse, etc, etc... does that give them a huge advantage? No it does not, there may be a tenth or so per sector at best and most likely it is just a tenth or so over a whole lap... It is more likely just a placebo effect and what is convenient for ease of setup and play than any thing else.

And as for lousy drivers, I think blaming these "little tricks" is the most used rationalisation I hear by lousy drivers The factors that effect my lap times the most is not controller hacks, it is things like setup (can affect laptimes by as much as 2%) , mental state (1%), the amount of practise I've had on the combo (2-4%), etc.

Those that are fast with the so called hacks/tricks will be fast without them

Before you jump to conclusions, I don't use scripts for changing gears (although I did in the past with a momo wheel) and I do use a G25.
dont forget the little Keyword "Mostly"

I used the G25 too so why you tell direkt or indirekt i am a lousy driver ?
You are at your own when you think there is no advantage. Sry you only play with Wheel you never try the advantage of the mouse contoller!

You say it self (momo->g25).
I have a friend they drive with mouse and its IMPOSSIBLE to have the same Reaktiontimes to wheelturnover or press Gas or Break with Wheel and pedals.

Think ! We use the g25 maybee with 720 wheelturnover (like real cars driving)
You can turn your Wheel in one direktion (360) and back in the same time like you do it with mouse?

I cant belive that so sorry.
@ Glen - I disagree the scripts for gear changes make little difference. In lower powered car round say FE Gold the difference can be easily as as much as 0.5 sec.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=39818

Its clearly enough to make the difference between having a WR and not.........

Its an expoit that should GTF.
Quote from HVS5b :Its clearly enough to make the difference between having a WR and not......... Its an expoit that should GTF.

My point wasn't that it's not an exploit so much as that it doesn't make such a difference that lousy drivers can sudenly compete with fast drivers. When you speak of a world record then yes even 0.01 of a second difference is possibly enough

@ Xenix74 I was not thinking you were a lousy driver (don't think I've ever raced with you so I'll reserve my judgement till I do but you would have to be miles better than me because I'm a lousy driver ) I was merly making a point that it is easier to make excuse as to why we can't beat someone than it is to knuckle down and become better...

The controllers I've used since having LFS (sine 2004) are original xbox controller until 2006 (was able to get within 1% of WR with practice on a combo) momo until Dec 2007 (was able to get within 1% of WR with practise) and now G25 (am able to get within 1-2% with practise) although haven't had much practise recently Do you see a pattern

I've seen people go from mouse to wheel and be about the same in overall pace as well.

I do agree with one thing though that having a low degree of rotation or mouse control does make it easier to be fast, but it doesn't mean that you can't be fast with high deg of rotation it's just that there is less room for correcting from errors.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see server side restrictions on car setup, controller setup/choice etc. It would be fun for example to have a field of drivers all with 720 deg linear rotation, manual clutch and H pattern shifters racing LX6's. But at the moment we don't have that choice, so to say one controller setup over another is cheating is getting into very muddy waters. As Android already pointed out wheel drivers can have very similar setups by opting for low deg of rotation.
Hmm i see people go to Whell from Mouse and back because they loose to much time they sad. (its practise

But its true ! Its first way to think "hey the guys are cheating because they are faster as me"
I am adulty enough to see that a lot of People has much more Talent and Speed as me but i have enough Monitoring the Contoller styles too, to know that i am right in this point.

I only say that whould be nice, if Scawen make a visible Display who shift with mouse keyboard or Seq or H-shifter use autoclutch or manual.
Like the W-M-K-KS oriantation next the names. Its "more" cleary then to say Advendtage or disadvantages.

This is a Never Ending Story
I'm bored tonight

People are fast with what they are comfortable with

When I went from the xbox controller to the wheel I wanted to go back to the xbox for ages (luckily it was brocken so I couldn't ) eventually after much practise (several weeks leading into months) I was as good with the wheel as I was with the xbox controller

I do think alot comes down to how much effort someone is willing to put into relearning a skill. For some it's probably harder to sacrifice being fast for a while to learn a new controller than it was to learn intially how to be fast on there first controlle. I imagine this is especially so when the original controller they were fast with is right there tempting them and a dam sight easier to setup for a race etc, etc...
Quote from Xenix74 :

This is a Never Ending Story

Yeah. Its also a pretty tedious one... When you race against other people, then you are going to encounter diversity. For example, someone racing with a 14inch monitor has a very distinct disadvantage when compared to the possibilities of a three screen set up.

This is a fact of real life competition - mechanical parts are temperamental and, sometimes, frustratingly individual. Give eveyone exactly the same thing and mechanical tolerances mean that nothing is really exactly the same. Get over it.

Anyway, if you need lightning reaction times to compete, you'd probably do just as well to point the car in the right direction in the first place, as to find a faster controller...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG