The online racing simulator
Blackwood in Autumn
(17 posts, started )
Blackwood in Autumn
First off this is just a bit of fun. I was a bit bored and thought I'd mess around with Gimp.

Anyway, take a look at the two pics see if you can spot the difference.

I couldn't work out which files were for the main trees otherwise I would have done them too.

Ps - I hope doing this kind of thing isn't against the rules. If it is can a mod remove the attachments.

Texture pack now available for download here:

Blackwood Autumn Pack.zip

I take no responsibility for it messing up your LFS install. The textures work fine on my PC but it's on a Patch Y20 install so I've no idea if they will mess up a Patch Y installation.
Attached images
BW Before.jpg
BW Autumn.jpg
doesnt look bad, now the grass texture and the road, and u have a beautiful blackwood.
Quote from Stefani24 :doesnt look bad, now the grass texture and the road, and u have a beautiful blackwood.

I did the grass, though admittedly it's subtle. If you look closely you'll see it's a bit different. Colour wise that is, I'm not good enough to actually change the texture !

What do you suggest for the road?
The road deffinetly has a different color in autumn
It's 2 different copies of lfs.
and you got that from?
Looks nice. I like the variation in colours of the trees. Some still green, some that golden colour. Certainly adds some visual interest
#8 - MR_B
hmmm, i'm liking the Autumn idea. Can I pinch the textures?
#9 - Osco
looks nice
No, it's not against the rules to mess about with textures.

Try making the road darker or something to give it that wet/colder look.
Quote from JasonJ :No, it's not against the rules to mess about with textures.

Try making the road darker or something to give it that wet/colder look.

Ok I'll give that a go, if I can work out which files they are.

I'd be happy to attach the files here, (assuming it's allowed), but I'm making the changes to a Patch Y20 test install that I have on my PC. Not sure if all the file names are the same as a couple are called xxxTEST.dds etc
YES, it is deffo allowed. There is actually a sub-forum dedicated to this purpose... Miscellaneous Addons

Another Autumn mod was also done in the past if you want to take a look.

The filenames are listed in the DDS folder. Y20 uses the same files as Y patch. Only the advertisment signs have been modified for Y20 as far as textures go.
Ok here's my first attempt at road.

If you look carefully you should be able so see some damp patches and also the hills in the background are slightly less green.

Let me know what you think.
Attached images
BW before 2.jpg
BW Autumn 2.jpg
BW before 3.jpg
BW Autumn 3.jpg
#14 - Eiw
the Autumn of British Isles always looks nice
Top notch work here man. I really like it. If you can finish up that road, you got my download.
Quote from Falcon140 :Top notch work here man. I really like it. If you can finish up that road, you got my download.

Thanks.

It's all done now and in the zip file attached to my sig, (assuming the link is still working). I've touched up other little bits and pieces, (the bridge/walls/pit lane road etc), and included them in the zip file too.
It's all subtle stuff just intended to create an overall feel rather than any dramatic changes. Only thing I'm in two minds about is the "damp" patches on the road, I might remove them as they look a bit too regular to be realistic IMO.

Anyway any further feed back would be appreciated.
Another couple of tweaks.

I've changed the gravel slightly to blend better, (grasspit and gravel files), and if anyone prefers red stripped curbs use the curbs file.
Attached files
BWgrasspit1.dds - 682.8 KB - 359 views
BWgravel.dds - 682.8 KB - 319 views
BWcurbs1.dds - 682.8 KB - 323 views

Blackwood in Autumn
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG