The online racing simulator
Question about Saitek Pedals
I've been very interested in buying a Saitek R660 (70€ new) but i have a question about its pedals to anyone that experienced them.

http://prohardver.hu/dl/rev/2007-12/1849/saitek_wheel.jpg

I want to know about the pedals' durability, because they look like a bit fragile to me. It seems that there is a big risk of breaking them if pressed harder.
"Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privilege!"

Quote from r4ptor :"Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privilege!"

are you sure?

i access it no problem

ps: edited. try the new one
I had the r440, the precursor to the r660 and I'd never broken them after about 4 years of use. The wheel was awful, but the pedals were very good.

Their design is actually better than the logitech ones as it doesn't strain the pot, so they're less likely to break. If you really stamp on them I'm sure that you'll do some damage, but the same goes for most wheel and pedal sets.
They look identical to the pedals on my R440.

They are plastic, but quite sturdy. The pedal itself has quite a thick stalk below it so there's no real danger of snapping the plastic. Unless of course you go totally nuts and stamp on it

The biggest problem is that they're very low friction - the holes on top don't give much grip at all. In socks my feet slip off the sides really easily so I need to use them either in bare feet or wearing shoes. I guess if you wanted you could fix this using some kind of stickers. On the plus side though, the base is really well weighted and on a carpeted surface is unlikely to move.

The action on them is pretty good and you do see a noticable change in acceleration at every stage of the push. There's no notching or anything like that.

I can't speak for the 660, but the 440 can be a pain to use in LFS because you can't set up a dead zone. It has a notch right at the centre point, meaning it's impossible to drive in a straight line in some places (the back straight on Blackwood and the home stretch of Aston for example). If they've fixed that for the new model then great, but I thought I should just warn you.
Quote from jonny__27 :are you sure?

i access it no problem

ps: edited. try the new one

Yes, copy/pasted after following the link. New one works.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG