The online racing simulator
I want to build this
(22 posts, started )
#1 - Dac
I want to build this

ive got all the facilities to build using wood (thanks to my grandad and his obsession with building things), in a few weeks i will be buying a G25 and i *should* be getting two 19" CRT monitors to go with my 19" TFT.

im assuming this cockpit is built pretty much all from wood. can i have some ideas on the design etc cause ive never done anything like this before.

o and if the guy who owns this amazing piece of kit is on here, could you kindly give me the plans?

thanks,
/me wants that stuff
#3 - Dac
same. its quite a simple design by the looks of it. about 10 pieces max.
Yea it looks simple, I would suggest a stronger support stand for the left and right side due to the weight of CRTs, otherwise overtime the cockpit will warp.

A possible improvement I can see in that design is a stand on the right side for the keyboard just infront on where the mouse is placed. (I am presuming your gearbox will be on the left side).

As a little touch too, the placing of a subwoofer so that you can feel the vibrations enhances the simulation effect.
Put the shifter on the left aswell. That does look cool.
#6 - Dac
#7 - MR_B
Pure gold for you then

Go on... get on with the making!
Simply, but looking good and effective.
#9 - Dac
Quote from MR_B :Pure gold for you then

Go on... get on with the making!

deffinately, well thing is is being a poor student , im working over summer for 3 months starting 9th june, and you have to work one week in adance for the pay stuff. so when i get my first weeks wages i will buy the G25, seat and wood (mdf).
If you have any questions I'll answer what I can for you, here's mine...

Nice, is the e-brake functional? Did you take a saw to the G25 shifter?
Quote from Technique :Nice, is the e-brake functional? Did you take a saw to the G25 shifter?

Yes and Yes
This one is so amazing. Just like in a real car.
#15 - Dac
Quote from wtf im nameless :If you have any questions I'll answer what I can for you, here's mine...

thanks. dont think ill have the bottle to hack a G25 :P, whenever i get one that is
#16 - Dac
ive changed my plans. as i will be at uni alot of the time ive decided to get a Momo racing and a new 22" widescreen monitor. which will be alot easier to set up etc.
Quote from piggy501 :Or this as a monitor?

http://images.teamsugar.com/fi ... 08/alienware%20screen.jpg

I want it... You don't get those annoying lines where the monitors meet.

Do you think I could make a cockpit and add a roof and door, and plonk a matress and a pillow ontop? That wasy, I sleep on LFS

That monitor does not wrap around enough... My side monitors are turned in 45 degrees from my main. Trust me when I say that you do not see the lines in between the monitors when you are racing unless you stop and actually look for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJQKGLblho
^ Was that a Golf or a Jetta?

And if it was a MKV chassis, the question would be Golf, Jetta, EOS, or Scirroco? Damn lazy VW interior designers. At least try to hide the blatant platform sharing.
Quote from Mattesa :^ Was that a Golf or a Jetta?

And if it was a MKV chassis, the question would be Golf, Jetta, EOS, or Scirroco? Damn lazy VW interior designers. At least try to hide the blatant platform sharing.

MKIV Jetta, same thing as MKIV Golf.
what game is he playing here?
It's Rfactor with on Drag Racing track.

I want to build this
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG