The online racing simulator
New Indiana Jones movie
(33 posts, started )
New Indiana Jones movie
Just got back from watching it tonight and all I can say is.....

What.
The.
Hell.

The most batshit crazy Indy film ever thought up, if you explained the plot to someone who's not seen it yet, they'd think you were taking the piss.

Awesome in its ridiculousness.
:bullwhip:
so its crap? no point seeing it this weekend?
Its not crap. Just a bit silly. Definitely worth watching though.
My sister watched it today, she explained the plot and its does sound really wierd and quite cheesy. Its still Indy though, so its going to be like Die Hard 4.0, a little bit far fetched and crazy, but awesome.
Yea. I just came from watching it, and i was ROFL, Spielberg and Lucas have gone mad. Worth a watch
Quote from PwrSlave :Spielberg and Lucas have gone mad.

Lucas, unfortunately, went mad years ago.
it does seem abit cheesy in the advert where he crashes into the front of the truck and goes "DAMN! I THOUGHT THAT WAS CLOSER!"...*sigh*
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :My sister watched it today, she explained the plot and its does sound really wierd and quite cheesy. Its still Indy though, so its going to be like Die Hard 4.0, a little bit far fetched and crazy, but awesome.

omfg, if its like Die Hard 4 than its one of the ''have to see movies''
Raiders of the Lost Ark was THE movie when I was a kid. Like many in their late 20's (30's?) and over, I grew up with Indy, so I'm pretty anxious to see the new film. Whether it's crap or not won't tarnish the old memories, but I'm still hoping it'll be great!
Quote from batteryy :omfg, if its like Die Hard 4 than its one of the ''have to see movies''

It is one of those movies, it doesn't matter if its a bit cheesy or far fetched, because Indy is pure entertainment. Now I want to watch Die Hard 4.0, time to fire up the dvd player I guess.
Indy has always been far fetched and cheesy. It's never taken itself all that seriously

I've still not seen Die Hard 4 either, but #3 was the best of the old ones.
DH4.0 was utter crap, tbh. It had none of the real DH "feel" to it.
Got to agree with DH4 being crap. Worth a watch, but it was.. strange. Armageddon was better, as was DH3 and DH1. DH2 beat everything, the MOST MOST MOST silly movie I've seen.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Just got back from watching it tonight and all I can say is.....

What.
The.
Hell.

The most batshit crazy Indy film ever thought up, if you explained the plot to someone who's not seen it yet, they'd think you were taking the piss.

Awesome in its ridiculousness.

Bah, you are exaggerating it, the plot is based on a common legend, maybe not the best one to choose, I agree, but the film itself is 100% Indiana Jones.

Easy plot, adventures, lots of action and easy jokes.

That's Indiana Jones
Going to see it tomorrow.
Not having seen the other Indiana Jones movies I have absolutely no idea how it's gonna be like.
If you don't think the 'KABOOM!!!' part (you'll know if you've seen it) was ridiculous then, well...
Wait.. what? I just saw it yesterday, but now I see all these people saying it has a plot?
Well I like it. Definitively not the best movie ever but it's an indiana jones.

IMO he have succeeded in the sense that he have respected the serie's codes. It looks old and modern at the same time.

When I saw it, I was pretty sure that the fantastic element of this indiana jones would pissed some people. Well, when it comes to mayans, you can't really go somewhere else in that matter.
Quote from Maelstrom :Well I like it. Definitively not the best movie ever but it's an indiana jones.

I only partially agree. Yes many elements of the traditional Indy film, such as pure luck of the situation, etc. The cameos did grate a bit, but I liked the nods to the other films.

My main problem was that it was written for the 12 year old audience. I'm sure my 6 year old nephew will love it for that reason. I'm trying not to give anything away, but why the **** was the origin of the crystal skull explained in that way. The way the entire story merges into the various conspiracy theories from that era was very cool, but I just felt short changed. Its not that I'm not into that sort of thing. I love SciFi. A lot. I just don't think it had a place in an Indy film. If it was explained through "God", then it would've followed through the other films nicely.

All in all, I was quite disappointed and would not spend my money again on this film.
Saw this yesterday.

In my opinion it was a straight forward Indy film.
Stereotypical nazis were replaced by stereotypical communists.
And that's about it for changes.

Ford is older but the good thing is that so is Indy. The one thing about this ageing that really shines is the fact that Indy is becoming more like his father than he thinks.

Some fight scenes were a bit drawn out so nothing new in that respect.

If you like Indiana Jones movies it's very propable that you like this one too.
I saw it tonight, and definitely came away disappointed.

For starters, none of the new characters were any good at all- but that didn't make the few scenes with the old cast (Indy and Marion) any less cringe worthy... it seemed as though the actors were content to just sleepwalk through their lines.

There were too many nods to previous films. The opening scene was funny, but too many times I thought that Spielberg was simply shooting new footage over old camerawork or something- it was as if he had taken the old storyboards and moved a few things around. That was kind of weird.

Anyway, I didn't go in expecting much, but I still came out feeling ripped off. There were admittedly some good scenes, but then there were some absolute shockers as well.
It wasn't an adventure movie, it was a game for the video game consoles.
#25 - JJ72
my thoughts:

opening story telling a bit too slow and too long.
wtf is the transformer guy doing here?
story was umm okay it made sense to me!
Loved the recreation of the nuclear testing and the rail with a jet engine thingy.
mayan temple was a bit typical and the minions are too easily disposed of.
russian chick works for me.
UFO design was just lazyyyyy
the family regathering thing was a bit forced, but I never saw the old movies so maybe that's why.
overall it's alright since i wasn't expecting much.

New Indiana Jones movie
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG