The online racing simulator
nice idea, shame i'm not around for most of that day
Fix your sig FFS!

Ill participate, i think but don't have a chnace of winning
Quote from JasonL220 :nice idea, shame i'm not around for most of that day

It's running over the whole month.

Quote :Fix your sig FFS!

He has too many userbars in one line

He should put the IGTC one underneath so he doesn't squash his username.

BTW up to him
i thought i said june 1st midnight - midnight
Quote from Clownpaint :
... And a quantity increase. We aim to have setups for every combo in hotlap, sprint and endurance forms. This requires a higher quantity.

fair enough
This is a good time to make setup requests. I've made my own already
how i delete my setups from there?
#34 - Jakg
Time to spam "RACE_S" as "SO1R_Jakg" over and over again then... No-one said the sets had to be good...
Quote from Jakg :Time to spam "RACE_S" as "SO1R_Jakg" over and over again then... No-one said the sets had to be good...

actually they do.
oue, nice one. Thx
The competition has started!

Good luck everyone!
#38 - arco
A hotlap set for the XFG could just as well work as an endurance set, so if I uploaded one as that instead of a hotlap one, I would earn 4 points instead of 2? Not saying I would, but someone could do it just to get twice as many points.
#39 - arco
Btw, wr sets should be awarded 5 points, but since after that other certain website I guess everyone has them already anyway.
Quote from Clownpaint :Why do one or the other? If it really is capable of both upload it as both and take 6 points! Setupgrid allows you to upload the same setup in multiple forms at once, so you can post the same setup to multiple grids or upload it as a hotlap and an endurance setup at the same time. I encourage it as long as it can be backed up with accurate comments and passes any further scrutiny from us.

That way, it is possible to earn 6+4(or more if it happens to have a request) pts per setup, i.e uploading a setup as a hotlap+endurance setup.

Quote :
  • 2 points - Uploading a hotlap setup
  • 4 points - Uploading an endurance setup
  • +1 point - If detailed comments are added.
  • +1 point - If a best lap time is added.

And there is an estonian invasion in the comp right now ^^
huh?
Some people where uploading my sets which i have put on inferno (for a particular reason!)? Some are edited just slightly or not AT all. What kind of competition is this?
Quote from 510N3D :Some people where uploading my sets which i have put on inferno (for a particular reason!)? Some are edited just slightly or not AT all. What kind of competition is this?

That is not 3id's fault. If you've got a problem with people uploading your sets without permission, it may help to say which setups are concerned.

While this competition will obviously benefit 3id's Setupgrid greatly, it's also very good for the community and I don't think 3id deserve grief after all the time, effort and money they've put into it.
Quote from 510N3D :Some people where uploading my sets which i have put on inferno (for a particular reason!)? Some are edited just slightly or not AT all. What kind of competition is this?

I took a look around, and found 1 setup, that's originally made by you, and modified by Soovija.

But as you know, most of the oval sets around are based derived from your hl wr sets, and aren't majorly tweaked (because you know what you are doing when building sets) but only minorly tweaked to make it manageable for others using those sets.

And yes, please be particular, which setups you are talking about.
Yes I changed a bit for myself - If you want I remove it. Send PM to you ! WR sets are in community because PHLOS (i think) so you cant do anything now :/. I feel badly now.

EDIT : removed.
Quote from joshdifabio :That is not 3id's fault. If you've got a problem with people uploading your sets without permission, it may help to say which setups are concerned.

While this competition will obviously benefit 3id's Setupgrid greatly, it's also very good for the community and I don't think 3id deserve grief after all the time, effort and money they've put into it.

I know its not 3id's fault. Im just a bit concerned about the quality of this competition seeing that people are using setups which are obviously not selfmade but taken from another source.

Quote from Clownpaint :It's the kind described in the first post of the thread.

Two of your reports were accurate and two setups were removed. Another two brought to our attention a trend with two users which we will bear in mind after the closing date, when we investigate who is eligible for prize money.

KY1r FBM, FO8 (+ XRR & BF1 which have been deleted already) are all created by me and taken from team inferno. That guy has also uloaded setups for KY1. Just to be a bit more specific.

@ Fuse: check PM
OT @ Joshdifabio: Happy 21st
Quote from Clownpaint :
But in future, please write the info you provided here in the report instead, thanks.

I dont understand. What is that supposed to mean?
Instead of mentioning the names here, include them when you're reporting a setup
ok thats why i dont understand because i cant see me mentioning any names here. Besides, why should i shut up about it when some people are obviously trying to gain unfair advantages over others? I cant even see anything about that not beeing permitted in the rules and im not in that competition anyway so i dont bother you guys any longer.
Quote from the rules

Quote : "Any other suspicious activity that is deemed to give an unfair advantage."

Also

Quote :Our report system will go some way to helping us enforce the rules, but to ensure fair play the top 3 finishers will have all of their uploads scrutinized after the closing date.

If theres any suspicious activities that you spot, use the report system and it will be dealt with accordingly.

We will do our part to make it as fair as possible, but obviously with an event on such a large scale the communities help in scrutinizing it is twice as effective.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG