The online racing simulator
I need help about chicanes!
(10 posts, started )
Hi to every one. I just hate the chicanes of LFS becuase i am not able to COPE with them! I mean, poor setups from me, if any can give me and advice about what to modify for don’t loose the control of the car when I am trying to drive over a chicane.
Thanks
Which chicanes? Fern bay? Blackwood? Kyoto? or send a replay since it's most likely your driving.
basically the new chicane at the new track SO chicane, i dunno if the track is slippery, or maybe i am touching the track with the floor. its very tricky to drive this part because the transition for a right and left trun is very fast and i am always losing the car in the second transition

LFS is not like gtr2 or rfactor, here you need a really good setup for be a competitive driver, so i do not know what i am doing wrong,
yeah, this chicane is a slippy surface. Also it's a speed bump, so as you go into it the car will bottom out for a second. you need to set the car up before entering the chicane and not change your steering or throttle too much during it or you will most likely spin.

which car are you using?
Most likely the FBM? As Ben says when entering get as straight as possible as there is a couple of bump in the chicane and entering, if you don't feel you'll make it then back off a tiny bit, don't push too hard.

Setup just incase, very good setup.
Attached files
FBM_dik S06 new.set - 132 B - 901 views
benji most of the sigle seaters, but with this setup my times drops 6 seconds!this set has a lot of grip, one of the my problems its for instance when i change of direction in fast chicane, with the first turn of my steering wheel I always lost the car, but with this setuo nothing happens! perfect and fast speed at the sequence of turns after s/f straight.
How to do this? its a mistery for me
please look this replay
Problem at chicanes are turn in points, and by so, missed apexes.
Turn earlier in the first right corner, your front right wheel should pass very near the wall, then immediately after the bump turn left for the exit. Also, one more BIG thing is the line through a fast corner under the bridge - after the slow right hairpin stay on left side of the track - on the kerbs. When you reach the kerbs end, gently turn the steering wheel to the right.
yep you are right, i am getting more speed taking wide before the first turn of the chicanes (under bridge) and so I can take the bump with the car more straight, thanks
a little tip to start: push the gas pedal slightly after downshifting, then ur brakes wont block. and in some turns, im missing a bit off agressiveness, take risk, if you crash, you dont die!
For the Chicane: you take a bit too much bow, and so you slip, try to drive a bit closer to the left wall. And if u have understeering, take a bit front wing more or less rear wing.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG