i will say here is a new Server online.

Dates:

Name : [BBFL]-Cruise4Life
Slot´s : 22
Online times : 7am - 3pm

CRUISE insim Powered by HS03
Come & play

Greetz.....
Cruise servers suck ass and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Bring the infractions, bitches.
It'll not atract a lot of people if you can't run the sever 24/24.
Good luck with it.
Dont you think there is more than enough servers about? To be fair, TC/LTC/CLC are the most popular, and all the other little teams are dead ends. With 3 out of 32 people normally on.
#6 - kirmy
i really do hope this is the last of them, all i see is CLC 32/32, LTC 32/32

stupid cruise servers, please go seomwhere else, to "cruise"
Quote from thisnameistaken :Cruise servers suck ass and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quoted for truth, and of couse, the lulz.
Quote from kirmy :i really do hope this is the last of them, all i see is CLC 32/32, LTC 32/32

stupid cruise servers, please go seomwhere else, to "cruise"

You could also use the new system recently put in to keep cruise servers from popping up in your server list instead of complaining about them on the forums.
The sheer amount of people requesting "insim cruise" servers on their lfs servers is getting rather silly. If only there was a filter for the forums filtering out all the cruise server talk!
What is the reason for the popularity of cruise servers?

Novelty factor? I dunno, I hope it wears off soon...remember, LFS is a RACING sim.

IMO Cruise servers should (apart from the big teams) fack off

EDIT: +1 to what Stoney said
#11 - th84
Why was there not all the fuss about "banger racing" servers? Or what about all the "cops n robbers" servers that used to be around? Neither one of those two examples qualify as "racing" (imo). I just dont see what the big deal is. These "cruisers" have bought and paid for their license's/servers just like everyone else has, who am I to decide how they go about using it. Do you "racers" not want to support the devs and see them prosper from this great game that they have created for us? Im pretty sure that the "cruisers" have paid the same price for their licenses that the "racers" have.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :IMO Cruise servers should (apart from the big teams) fack off

So it is ok for the "big teams" to have a cruise sever or two, but for everyone else it is stupid? Did I read that right, or am I confused?

As far as this forum goes, give the crusiers their own section of the forum...problem solved.

P.S. I hate cruise servers too, which is why I dont join them.
When a new cruise server crops up every day and people keep making insim requests. YES

At least the big teams know what they are doing.
#13 - th84
Ok, fair enough. But what harm does it do to you?
Quote from th84 :Ok, fair enough. But what harm does it do to you?

It degrades LFS and also insults our intelligence.

Also, see Dr. Zoidberg.
Quote from th84 :Why was there not all the fuss about "banger racing" servers? Or what about all the "cops n robbers" servers that used to be around? Neither one of those two examples qualify as "racing" (imo). I just dont see what the big deal is. These "cruisers" have bought and paid for their license's/servers just like everyone else has, who am I to decide how they go about using it. Do you "racers" not want to support the devs and see them prosper from this great game that they have created for us? Im pretty sure that the "cruisers" have paid the same price for their licenses that the "racers" have.

So it is ok for the "big teams" to have a cruise sever or two, but for everyone else it is stupid? Did I read that right, or am I confused?

As far as this forum goes, give the crusiers their own section of the forum...problem solved.

P.S. I hate cruise servers too, which is why I dont join them.

Good post, which brings me on to this.. Im sure if the LFS dev's wanted crusing to be a part of LFS they would have created a seperate mode for it.. (worries me slightly that they put a cruise filter/option into the dedi). But yes, you are right, its their server and licence etc etc.. but LFS is a Racing Simulator, not so much a driving simulator. The thing is, LFS is about the most adaptable, which is why these things have sprouted up here..

But people are starting to come to the forums to ask about LFS and the Crusing Simulation.. "is it part of the game", "is it included with the S2 licence"..

I dont hate the servers, nor the idea totally, its just there is a lot of them now, and a lot more requests for them, and it doesnt appear to be settling down any.

+1 for a seperate section.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Cruise servers suck ass and you should be ashamed of yourself.

edit: forget that, thought it was someone else, ahahahaha. dam you people with long nicknames
#17 - th84
Do you really think the devs care if there are 2 or 30 cruise servers? If these cruisers were not cruising around on lfs, wouldnt they just be doing it on another game? If they are going to do it anywhere, why not LFS? More crusiers = more licenses= more money. I understand that the devs main reason for creating lfs was not money, but it has to come in handy from time to time.

I would love to hear Scavier's stance on cruise servers. If they have commented at some point about them, could someone be so kind as to point me in that direction?

I understand you guys' stance. I was just trying to play devils advocate for a little while!
Quote from th84 :I would love to hear Scavier's stance on cruise servers. If they have commented at some point about them, could someone be so kind as to point me in that direction?

I am pretty sure Scawen enjoyed the fact that LFS was such a realistic racing simulator that it could be used to simulate "cruising" or city driving, though don't quote me on that as it is only what I can remember. If you guys can't handle a few threads with "stupid" insim suggestions a month, in which you only post hateful messages directed towards either the OP or cruising in general, then you need to open your horizons and think about others. Not everyone loves to race 24/7, and LFS can simulate an alternative such as cruising with friends and talking about whatever happens to come to mind. A place to relax for a change. I kind of sounded like a hippy there..
When everyone is asleep, Scawen, Victor and Eric all sneak onto LTC. Driving S3 cars. In the rain. In the dark. With NOS and drifting tyres.

See if you can spot them :shhh:
Quote from mkinnov8 : Im sure if the LFS dev's wanted crusing to be a part of LFS they would have created a seperate mode for it.. (worries me slightly that they put a cruise filter/option into the dedi).

I wouldn't be worried; it is very useful application to "sift through the soil", so to say.
You are such a copy cat!

You have stolen TC's montana layout, tweeked it a little to make it your own.

Shame on you....
First problem with your post: [720] doesn't have its own InSim app, it is the open source cruise server.
EDIT: useless... Ignore this post
Well I din't know that sorry, I was just browsing through the different cruise servers and it look very simular so I presumed about the insim, but still by point stays about steeling the TC Montana layout and tweaking it as their own
Quote from mkinnov8 :.. but LFS is a Racing Simulator, not so much a driving simulator. The thing is, LFS is about the most adaptable, which is why these things have sprouted up here..

So Gran Turismo is a "Driving Simulator", may I ask where's the cruising in that ?

PLEASE stop the Cruise/Racing arguement, use the damn server filters to keep them/get rid of them !

I can understand how people get pissed off with every other thread in the InSim forum being "OMG NEED CROOZ INSIM PL0X" but they just die in a ball of flames and fail, and nothing emerges !

Equinox

[BBFL]-Cruise4Life
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG