The online racing simulator
Dedicated Host
(10 posts, started )
Dedicated Host
i want to make a dedicated host

it says its online, yet it doesnt show up in the master server

firewall off, ports opend.. what do i do?
same here... exactly the same situation!

someone?

i can create a server with the game... OK, but in the same machine i CANT create a dedi server... just dont appear on server list... and if i try to connect via internet, i cant
i found the soltuion

its online, just wait a while for people to join, you cant see it in the server list yourself, dont conenct via internet

connect on LAN, and put in your IP
yup
if the server is created off your personal internet connection, you wont see it when LFS refreshes the server list.
you will see it via LFSworld tho...
Quote from Klutch :i found the soltuion

its online, just wait a while for people to join, you cant see it in the server list yourself, dont conenct via internet

connect on LAN, and put in your IP

wah

yes, hehe

thx
I'm trying to get a ded-server running, for the local guys here in SA - I've opened the ports (63392 and 29339 TCP/UDP) and forwarded them (63392 TCP/UDP), can connect to it over my LAN - it must be showing up in the server list as guys are trying to connect, but I keep getting the message "New guest timed out" on the server screen.

The PC has only the ded-server software on it (not the full sim).

Any idea's ?

Chris
OK, I have a new router, and I can host with rFactor and GTR, forwarded ports 63392 and 29339 to the host machine, TCP and UDP, opened them all in my firewall, and the server is up - it's called South Africa and I can see it in the LFS Desktop - folks keep trying to connect and it keeps coming up with New guest timed out - any ideas ? Gonna leave it running for a while

Chris
I didn't port forward. I set up my server machine in a DMZ (WAN). Which forwards all ports or requests to that machine. It worked for me on another machine on my LAN and my buddy across the net saw and connected to my game.

It's good times!!!
#9 - Mofix
...Had this Problem, too
Now i am hosting successful over my TDSL6000 Con. Its right, that ur server isnt shown for urself in the ingame server list. But it is shown in LFSworld.net and u can connect urself from the same LAN with its local IP. Sometimes i get "Guest timed out", too - i think thats a latancy problem, perhaps someone know how to configurate a higher connection time tolerance (had this with GTR hosting 2, but found a way to change the settings there)

Setting ur Router to DMZ on the hosting machine is the best choice to solve all Port forwarding problems, i think - works fine for me.

...visit me on my server: KS GER FAIR RACE
Quote from SniperZA :OK, I have a new router, and I can host with rFactor and GTR, forwarded ports 63392 and 29339 to the host machine, TCP and UDP, opened them all in my firewall, and the server is up - it's called South Africa and I can see it in the LFS Desktop - folks keep trying to connect and it keeps coming up with New guest timed out - any ideas ? Gonna leave it running for a while

Chris

Same here, all my guest time out, would being in the USA have a bearing? I have a fast DSL also.

Dedicated Host
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG