The online racing simulator
You know you are a geek when.......
(35 posts, started )
It takes you longer to upload your running training data to your desktop training manager software and online training profile from your GPS sports watch, than it does to actually do the run......
when you go to school and you shout: "oh no... not this map again!"
when you're on a line waiting to be your turn and shout "fire in the hole!"
Ok, you'll have to explain what a GPS sports watch is used for... I realise it's for tracking, etc. but I don't see how it can be used to improve yourself much - it's not like analysing a lap surely?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Ok, you'll have to explain what a GPS sports watch is used for... I realise it's for tracking, etc. but I don't see how it can be used to improve yourself much - it's not like analysing a lap surely?

It's exactly like analysing a lap - you can keep a training log with it. Charts of cardio/speed/cadence/watts/Kcal burned vs elevation, etc. High tech gadgetry for a sportier life. Check out Polar's site, they got demos that will generate more "?" marks over your head than you can imagine.
This thread is a lie, geeks don't exercise.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Ok, you'll have to explain what a GPS sports watch is used for... I realise it's for tracking, etc. but I don't see how it can be used to improve yourself much - it's not like analysing a lap surely?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11039

It tells me my pace, my average pace, my current speed, current distance, gradients, and after the run I can analyse where I am slow(er), where I am fast(er) etc etc, you can also run against a "virtual partner" and try to race them, plus you can compare like for like runs and see how you are improving.

You can also do frivilous things like view your run on satelitte maps etc etc

Certainly not a "must have" item, but very handy never the less

I must be an exception then, because I am a HUGE geek, and I do excercise
#7 - herki
...you hear latex the first thing you think about is typesetting.
Quote from herki :...you hear latex the first thing you think about is typesetting.

LOL
You relize that everyone is a geek in someway shape or form.

Motorheads = Geeks of motor knowledge
Fashion(girls) = Geeks of Fashion

Can you see where im going with this?
....When you consider drifting with a G25 is excerise.

....You eat lunch play video games and watch cable in the AV office at lunch (Guilty)

....You consider _________(coffee redbull etc) As water

....You think by drinking nos energy drink you think you;ll go faster ingame
When you arrive with some friends at the Hostel in Stockholm at 2 AM and see a note in the front door 'You got mail'.

"OMG at this time all the internet cafes are closed what are we gonna do?"

Then we realized there was an envelope with the key in it in the open mail box...

So yeah we were all geeks in that trip LOL
You know you're a geek when......other guys push you into the dirt.

.......but our day will come, and the geeks shall raise and overthrow the trend and friends, we shall live in a world where intelligence is rewarded, where technology makes leaps and bounds as we sleep. We shall be living in peace, not war. We shall also know no boundaries to nations but be as one, yet have not one sole elected leader, but a proportional fair vote scheme where the little guy will be looked out for, yet as a group we get stronger. And we shall be traveling in the most eco friendly way, yet still push the boundaries of speed and comfort. And our houses shall not be made from such destructible material but from a (as yet undiscovered) super material which can with stand the highest heat, strongest earthquake, survive high winds and floods.

Only then my brothers and sisters of Geek, only then shall we be able to walk tall with our head up high and our chests out.
You come out of a GCSE Latin exam thinking 'That was easy!'

Doh!!!
...you fill in an online survey and answer the "how many hours per week do you use the internet?" question as "how many hours are in a week?"

...you get your abbreviations wrong. 73mg is not netspeak. A bp of 110/80 is not an item in WoW!

...you find yourself using the term AFK to people in the same room as you.

...you look at a sunset sky and think "nice texturing, I wish I could get a screenshot" (yes, I did this coming out of work one day /shame).
...you've worn the letters off your keyboard and still know where everything is.
...your girlfriend, who chooses holiday destinations to look at the work of a dead architect and raids in WoW every night, says 'your such a geek'.
...you know more programming languages than human languages.
...you can convert dinary to hexadecimal via binary in year head.
...you know what dinary is.
...you find a practical application for octal. (I failed at this)
...on descovering there is such a thing as a skin sun allergy you honestly have no idea if you have one.
...your idea of a holiday is to have the time to program something you've been wanting to write for ages.
...you first meet your girlfriend online.
...you look at jumpstyle dancing videos on you tube and wonder if its possible.
...you get the option of working from home but choose to go to the office for the social aspect.
When you go to online forums where people make 'You know you're a ---- when...' threads. ;/
I'm not a geek, I don't know what Dinary is...

Quote from Becky Rose :you know what dinary is.

Denary* And yes, I know what it is, and can convert it to hex... Base 10>Base 2>Base 16
Quote from Becky Rose :...you've worn the letters off your keyboard and still know where everything is.
...your girlfriend, who chooses holiday destinations to look at the work of a dead architect and raids in WoW every night, says 'your such a geek'.
...you get the option of working from home but choose to go to the office for the social aspect.

Geeks dont have girlfriends, and dont have social life...
Quote from chanoman315 :Geeks dont have girlfriends, and dont have social life...

That sir is a groce generalization
Quote from AstroBoy :That sir is a groce generalization

And that sir is gross mis-spelling

But you're right, not all geeks sit on their butts all day in front of a 'puter,

Just most of the day...
Some even get laid.

Yeah, just because I drive a pimpin' milk truck, doesn't mean you can hate on me bitch!

Kev, I think I need to pillage your bookmarks, you have the greatest videos just off hand.
I don't have any bookmarks.

That's from the Father Ted episode "Speed 3" where Ted gets Pat Mustard fired and Father Dougal gives up the priesthood and takes Pat's old job as a milkman. Pat is infuriated because he can no longer get any "proper sex with girls" so he rigs a bomb to the milk float which will detonate if it goes below 4mph.

Like "Speed" but without the speed, or Keanu Reeves, or any semblance of Hollywood glamour at all.

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG