The online racing simulator
cam and wheel centered
(8 posts, started )
cam and wheel centered
(get flamers ready )

and therefore the wheel too.

just like the steering wheel in the Mclaren F1 (the model that was tested in Top Gear) in the middle of the viewpoint.

As in Lfs, it's possible to set the same viewpoint, but without the wheel in the same position it's quite tricky to race fast with the wheel in left/right of your viewpoint.

may be misunderstood by me, but I thought it's possible to switch the wheels display on/off for replacement of your "real" grabbable wheel in front of your monitor.

so, maybee it's possible to configure the "displayed" wheel to the viewpoint as well as the mirrors...

Cause i guess the engineer of the Mclaren had a simple idea in placing the driver and all his needs into the center of the car.

Regardless of the cockpit right now would look screwed with the displayed wheel in the middle too but i'm aiming for the better viewpoint.

your thoughts please
Translator: Thought brabble > English

The combination of "custom" view and "disabled wheel / driver" is currently not possible. Could this be added please? Also be so kind and move my thread to Improvment Suggestions. Thanks.
brabble?

hm, sorry but this isn't my native lang.

and besides it's nothing to improve i think, because it's not "realistic" to have every car "centered"....
Heh, atleast I know "your" native language pretty well

Anyways, it's more or less an improvement to the available options. But now, after I reread it about 5 times, I think you want to actually move the virtual wheel around, is that correct? Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Previously I interpreted it as you being disturbed by the virtual wheel in the corner of your screen when you just center the view in "custom view". I thought the problem was that you cannot turn off the virtual wheel while in "custom view" mode. Ah well :doh:
Good idea when we have a car which has a wheel/seat in the middle of the cockpit.
Quote from deggis :Good idea when we have a car which has a wheel/seat in the middle of the cockpit.

FOX ? FO8 ? MRT ?
good idea for me right, cause i've got freaked while watching Top gears report about the Mclaren.
if anyone else would want to use that "Custom"-viepoint i don't know.
but i tried several laps on narrow tracks and could actually see the apex in left corners, as left steerer (wheel on left side of the car).
Or else, why put the possibillity of "custom-views" AND a centered view while not providing the rest alligned?
Sounds like irritation to me...
Quote from ATHome :FOX ? FO8 ? MRT ?

I said a car. Formulas are... errr formulas.

cam and wheel centered
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG