The online racing simulator
Physics
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Anman
Physics
I noticed a few things while playing LFS. Sometimes, at pretty low speeds the car just keeps spinning, despite the low speed. One other thing i noticed is dat when i hit an object at low speeds i start flying all over the place.
Is this just me or is everyone experiencing these problems?
Perhaps you have very hot tires? When the tires get VERY hot, you have no grip at all in the rear and you slide a lot more. So if you're doing donuts or spinning the tires a lot, they will get extremely hot, and then you won't be able to control the car very well.

And yes, sometimes when hitting things you do go flying or whatever, bit of a bug But it doesn't happen all the time.
In addition to Tweaker's reply, press F9 to see tyre temperatures.
#4 - axus
LFS physics isn't perfect at low speed for now, but it is pretty close to reality. If you are trying to pull off in a Formula V8 at full throttle, you would spin yes - this would happen in real life too.
It does feel a little too slippery at low speed, but this has already been brought up, and devs have certainly been on it at least since then.
Also, the effect that hot tyres just don't grip is also more like a quick fix. I think they'd grip a bit less but lose rubber much faster IRL, but tbh I'm no expert so it's just a wild guess.

Anyways, like said before, Scawen mentioned that he started working on the tyre model again since new year, so we can only wait and see how what changes he makes.
Yes I'm plugging my own setups.. Have a look at the 'new philosophy part 2' thread in the setups sub forum and enjoy LFS a lot more

Physics
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG