The online racing simulator
How have you wasted your life so far?
(80 posts, started )
Life is simple for todays kids too Danowat, and believe me the little blighters still turn around and say "i'm bored". We might ponder the social impact of the internet on their young fragile brains, but what we fail to consider is ... the little blighters are still kids.

They'll go outside and play when they want too, the only difference is now we get to see how worried our parents must've been when we came back late.
Quote from Becky Rose :Life is simple for todays kids too Danowat, and believe me the little blighters still turn around and say "i'm bored". We might ponder the social impact of the internet on their young fragile brains, but what we fail to consider is ... the little blighters are still kids.

They'll go outside and play when they want too, the only difference is now we get to see how worried our parents must've been when we came back late.

Do you really think so?, my 11 year old daughter and her friends act in a completely different way than I used to, it's common place to have your friends on MSN, facebook, sms these days, they much prefer to sit there and chat, rather than knock on a friends door and ask them if they want to "come out to play".
Quote from danowat :Do you really think so?, my 11 year old daughter and her friends act in a completely different way than I used to, it's common place to have your friends on MSN, facebook, sms these days, they much prefer to sit there and chat, rather than knock on a friends door and ask them if they want to "come out to play".

I thin my age group may have been the last of the 'play outside kids', as when were growing up it' wasn’t till we were 15/16 that MSN and such became popular. Having said that I also think I was lucky to grow up in the Highlands of Scotland, as it meant that I had the opportunity to play on grass. Heck I still remember playing football till 10pm on school holidays, after starting at 5. Unfortunately now, even that doesn’t happen and my little brother is happier to be on Bebo, rather than playing until it gets dark.
Quote :Do you really think so?, my 11 year old daughter and her friends act in a completely different way than I used to, it's common place to have your friends on MSN, facebook, sms these days, they much prefer to sit there and chat, rather than knock on a friends door and ask them if they want to "come out to play".

That's a girl thing. Todays technology might have made chatting to each other easier but they're still learning the same essential life skills as girls always learned: How to back chat and nag.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's a girl thing. Todays technology might have made chatting to each other easier but they're still learning the same essential life skills as girls always learned: How to back chat and nag.

Indeed, she certainly is a woman in training

How have you wasted your life so far?
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG