The online racing simulator
A proper beginners championship
Hi guys,

I just want to know if there are any proper championship races for which beginners are eligable (ie, only drivers with copper/bronze or lower).

Championship where there are like qualifying for the fastest 20-30 and then those guys race?

I was looking and reading about STCC and its an awesome thing, except that im new and have a long way to go before i get near a platinum license.

just a query as the racer in me loves to win not only races (cant wait for my first online win) but also championships...
Hello, thank you for your kind words on the STCC.

The CTRA itself is more of a governing body than an actual orgsaniser of leagues at this time, although they do appear to be starting to tentatively get more involved in league racing.

Currently there are many leagues in the LFS scene, and some are CTRA sactioned but at the moment this is just some of the top series (STCC, eTM Nationals and World Championship). I believe that the new X2 technology that they are working on will open up CTRA sanctioning to more leagues, currently I suspect they dont think have the manpower.

You can find lots of suiteable leagues elsewhere in the Leagues & Events section of the LFS forum to take part in whilst building up your licence and experience to eventually take part in the prestige leagues like the eTM Nationals and my own.

As for which ones to recommend it really does depend upon what sort of cars & tracks you like racing on.
#3 - Dru
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=178

New Dimensions recently ran a 'Begineers Cup' that was well received, well attended and well organised.

Perhaps you should take a look there and see if they have any plans for a Season 2
Indeed the LFS Beginers Cup was a great introduction to league racing for me. I recommend it! There is most likely going to be a season 2 because they made a Season 2 Improvement Suggestion thread.

It's a good place to start. It's well organized and the proper penalties are enforced to make sure you grow to be a proper racer.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG