The online racing simulator
Mazda6 owners?
(17 posts, started )
Mazda6 owners?
Anyone here own a Mazda6 first generation? If so, what are the main problems areas of this car? I've been reading the "lemon aid guide" for used cars (http://www.lemonaidcars.com/). The guide says this car is highly rated. We found one with a manual (what we want) and 81000km on it, 2004, silver (:/), and a spoiler (). I've been steering away from the Honda Accords because or price, more owner complants and everyone has one.
Comments?
They are great cars for sure. I like the handling of them, and the look. The interior is a mixed bag.. Personally I think it tries a little too hard, but that's a matter of taste. Technically you can't go wrong with a Mazda anyway. Disregarding mr. LFSnoob here, I think that little spoiler really add to the looks and lines of the car.
I know a girl that just bought one, fun car. Also someone else I know bought a Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed, and it is a quick one.

But I can vouch for Honda/Acura cars being more reliable for long term, and cheaper to maintain. That is why so many people have them. I'd say Honda and Toyota are top choices in the US, tough decision .

Gonna see a lot of Mazdas next weekend at Laguna Seca too
*coughMazda Racewaycough*
Mazda 6, 2007, 2.0, 6 speed manual, first gen, bought new, still under 10,000 km on the clock.

Not a single problem, and I actually doubt there will be any...in the near few years at least... I hope....
You probably can't turn the f'ing AC off in the winter when you just want to deice the front windshield like in my Mazda.

Drives me crazy with Ford/Mazda. The AC runs in everything but coming from the dash. I don't want to dehumidify my interior, I want to melt and keep ice from building up on the windows! If I want to dehumidify, I'll hit the AC button myself! I am capable of that and don't need the automotive manufacturer engineers to decide I need AC on!
Quote from mrodgers :You probably can't turn the f'ing AC off in the winter when you just want to deice the front windshield like in my Mazda.

it was an exactly 1 snow day winter in Latvia (whoopie, this snowboard was a good purchase) can't tell if it's the same here
my best friend drives a 2004 6. Bought it new back then, not one problem yet.
good to hear
My uncle have a 2007 Mazda 6. Still no problem apart from a broken radio unit. We had a bright idea to open all the windows and go in a car wash.
My dad own a 2007 mazda 6.He doesn't like the car a lot & I found it a bit too much noisy when your near the car,outside.He's gonna switch for the 2009 mazda 6 when it's comming out hoping it will be better.Even if he doesn't like the car,he doesn't have the choice to change since he's working for Mazda.When I'm sitting at the back,my head is touching the top wich isn't great at all and my dad said it's worst with the Mazdaspeed 6 version.
how tall are you? because I'm about 5 feet, err about 6 inches. And my dad is a bit taller
5'6" isn't tall... I'm 6'2 and can't really fit into the backseat of any compact to midsize cars at all.
Quote from CobraDrifter :I found it a bit too much noisy when your near the car,outside.

Strangely enough sometimes I can't tell if the engine is on when I'm in it or beside it. which engine is "the noisy one"?
One of our cars is a MPS 6 (2006). My dad has mainly been using it for business trips up and down the country. The reason he bought a 6 is because his mate own's one, and when my dad drove it, he liked it. The performance is'nt that fast (0-60 in 6.6, top speed is about 150mph) but its enough for a car that is going to be on a motorway its whole life. The space is alright, but you feel a little...cramped in the rear, and the long boot is big, but very awqward to get things like shelfs into. The end of the rear windscreen hangs out alot.

It has now done 37,800 miles, and has never missed a beat. The only major problem we had with it (which we still never discovered why it happened) was that one time about 8 months ago, me and my dad were running down the motorway at about 4 am doing about 135-140mph. For some reason, 3 of the bolts in the rear left wheel decided to shear off and they came off completely. We pulled over, and had a look at the damage. It wrecked the alloy wheel (hub was destroying) and the brake pad was shattered, and the hub was bent. Probably due to the wheel smacking it at 130mph+.

Either way, apart from that one problem, its been a good car.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :how tall are you? because I'm about 5 feet, err about 6 inches. And my dad is a bit taller

I'm 6'3.For the engine,I don't know wich one is in my dad's car but it's really easy to know the engine is started with that noise.Saw a mazda 6 yesterday in a parking and it did the same noise.
I see. I think I'm closer to 6 feet tall. I'm not sure :P

Mazda6 owners?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG