The online racing simulator
strange message from admin ?? wtf is this for real ?
this is what was PM'd to me recently. please tell me what you think.

Quote from prakhar :Hello,

This is prakhar. I am one of the moderators on the forum and there have been some problems with your new S2 license. For this reason, I need for you to answer some questions:

A. Have you been logging on frequently over the past 7 days that you have had you license?

B. Have you ever used cheats in LFS (demo or license)?

C. Did you get your account via voucher or did you buy it?

D. Have you seen anything weird with your account? (Such as other people cheating, constant lag, low fps, etc.)

Please answer these questions as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Prakhar

LFS Forum Moderator

Then the reply after i answered the questions ?? He wants my password ? what ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote :Okay, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, we believe someone has managed to hack your account. There is an easy way to fix this. The person hacking has not been changing the passwords for some reason. Therefore, we need you to change your password for the WEB and GAME. Since he has not been changing passwords, it means he is confident he will get it again. So, we need you to give you only the WEBpassword, so we can stay logged on at all times and not let you get hacked. He will give up after a week, if we don't catch him first. Thanks for the cooperation.

Thanks,
Prakhar

Can someone confirm the legitimacy of this please cos it sounds awfully fishy. If it is indeed fishy i hope this thread helps do something about it.

thanks

windy81
1) He's not a moderator.
2) Nobody should ever know your password except you.

He's fishing for your account details.
i know so ban the ****er !!!
Remember: The devs or moderators. Will NEVER ask you for your password or user details.
i aint stupid but it begs the question why this person still on this forum. shouldent he be banned ? blimmey.
Quote from windy81 :i aint stupid but it begs the question why this person still on this forum. shouldent he be banned ? blimmey.

Oh dont worry. Just wait for a moderator to come along with his stick.
Quote from windy81 :i aint stupid but it begs the question why this person still on this forum. shouldent he be banned ? blimmey.

Admins/Mods aren't on the forum 24/7, but I presume this person will be dealt with once this thread has been read by one.
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
:munching_ me waits hell soon be :bananadea
I think we have a ban coming off of this thread for this LFS forum user that sent you the PM =)
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :I think we have a ban coming off of this thread for this LFS forum user that sent you the PM =)

Wheres Sam hiding tonight?

E:
#13 - SamH
Windy81, can you please forward ALL correspondence you've had from AND sent to this guy, to my PM box. Not copy/paste, but forward.

I'm going to ban him right now, but in order to make the ban stick I'm obviously going to need the info that you have to back it up.
and on top of what sam said. if you have sent him any of your details (sounds like you did not so should be ok) then change them immediately.

EDIT: [OT] sean, thats because im an idiot. Sorted [/OT]
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
#15 - SamH

The simple answer is because you didn't tell any of the mods about it. You just created a new thread on the forum. You didn't report the guy's profile, which would have sent an instant notification to all available moderators.

The only reason we know about it now is because someone ELSE reported YOUR post on the forum, bringing our attention to it.

That's the reason he was still on the forum. Hope you understand now.
Quote from SamH :...You didn't report the guy's profile...

That isnt possible? The only way I know of reporting someone for an offence that isnt in a post or thread, Is PM a mod.
#17 - SamH
Ahh.. that's a moderator button that I have.. Okies LOL

Windy's sending me lots of solid evidence via PM! Cheers!
What's the point of having a button to report the account only for moderators... Who is it reported to then?
Quote from JO53PHS :What's the point of having a button to report the account only for moderators... Who is it reported to then?

Santa, he then puts them on the naughty kids list and they get nothing for Christmas...

Seriously, I would imagine it would report it to the Devs to take further action if need be.
Quote from JO53PHS :What's the point of having a button to report the account only for moderators... Who is it reported to then?

The devs :evil:
#21 - SamH

It's actually a "Give infraction" button LOL.. it's been one of those days
Quote from SamH :It's actually a "Give infraction" button LOL.. it's been one of those days

I saw an infraction card on Eclipse2000's post. Is it that it is shown only on that post where he got it? Shouldn't it be better that they are seen in every post he makes (And have made)?
All is i the hands of the gods now boys and girlies.
I posted it because i want everyone to be AWARE that it has happened and to spread the word of warning to people who might want to try and defraud people of their gaming accounts. Nothing better than publicity to stifle a secretive method.
Hopefully others won't get stung by such things in the future.
Game accounts can be stolen so here i am showing you a way that someone tried to do it to me, so you can be more vigilant.

i could have done this privately but that would bear no benefit to the community of LFS.

Anyway im outta here. laters
#24 - SamH
Quote from Gekkibi :I saw an infraction card on Eclipse2000's post. Is it that it is shown only on that post where he got it? Shouldn't it be better that they are seen in every post he makes (And have made)?

I didn't know even the infraction cards were visible to non-mods. They never used to be, so I guess Vic managed to find a way to change that. Infractions are given for particular actions, so I guess they should be tied to individual posts. Some will agree, some disagree.. as long as the infractions work, that's all I worry about
Quote from SamH :I didn't know even the infraction cards were visible to non-mods. They never used to be, so I guess Vic managed to find a way to change that. Infractions are given for particular actions, so I guess they should be tied to individual posts. Some will agree, some disagree.. as long as the infractions work, that's all I worry about

In my opinion it would be better that you carry your stupidity where ever you go for the rest of your (miserable) life.

But hey, that's just me.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG