The online racing simulator
Problem with player name
hi there,

i just came back to LFS from a long time out and i thought i would give CTRA aonther try :-/

i just joined CTRA 1 and waited 5-10 minutes for the race to finish, and then joined the next race from the rear. i had only done half of a lap when i han an admin message splattered across my screen. After typing $notes it said that my name Quack Dougal (with a space) is not valid and to choose something more aptly named. I was playing with the name Quack!! (which i have done for a long time now) but my LFS account is registered as quackdougal (no spaces).

i tried to get an answer there but i think as the race had just restarted, no one was answering, just lots of smiles from other drivers lol.

so does this mean to now race on CTRA i have to spend another 25 quid to create a new licence that is named conventionally - i really hope not lmao

thanks in advance
Quack!!
(quackdougal - no space )
#2 - SamH
Musta been spotted by one of the admins. Quack Dougal sounds like a Donald Duck name and therefore will have been rejected. We request that people use either their real names or, if they prefer to be anonymous, at least real-sounding names, because of the premise of professionalism that we have set on our website where your statistics are publicly available. "Quack" doesn't fit with that, I'm afraid. Sorry!

[edit] Nooo.. it's not about your LFS licence name, it's about the first and last names you enter into the CTRA interface. If you do want to remain anonymous, just don't enter real first and last names into the system and your information won't appear on the website, and your anonymity won't be compromised.

You can race freely on the CTRA whether you use first and last names or not. It's purely for the public-facing part of the CTRA, the website.

[edit edit] http://www.raceauthority.com/t ... et=100&highlight=SamH Scroll down to 177th and you'll see "Sam Hopkinson", even though my licence name is "SamH". Your username "quackdougal" isn't what we use as a reference.. what you enter into the system is what we use.. but "Quack Dougal" will keep getting rejected by the admins if you keep entering it, I'm afraid!
ahh ok, so the problem was with my player name Quack!! - no problem, i can change that, thanks sam

as you know, i can't change my lfs username, i was just suprised your admin requested me to do so...

i shall try again, this time i will play as "Dougal" hehe

thanks again sam
Quack!!
oops,i mean Dougal lol
#4 - SamH
hehe! Yeah, that was confusing for a minute!

Cheers Quack!
... err.. I mean.. Dougal!
Quote from quackdougal :ahh ok, so the problem was with my player name Quack!! - no problem, i can change that, thanks sam

Uhh, I don't think your problem is with your Player Name either, it's to do with the name you've entered into MyCTRA. Your Player name (I.E. UKCT..Dustin for instance as mine) has nothing to do with it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Uhh, I don't think your problem is with your Player Name either, it's to do with the name you've entered into MyCTRA. Your Player name (I.E. UKCT..Dustin for instance as mine) has nothing to do with it.

Only...erm...5 hours late? *runs*
I was sleeping, and working, and recovering from a night that pains my back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG