The online racing simulator
4wd Fz50?
(109 posts, started )
4wd Fz50?
Since the FZ50 is based on the 911 which comes in 4WD variants , how about a 4WD option for the FZ50?

The real 911 is special where it uses a viscous central diff so that it normally behaves as a RWD (due to slightly lower rear axle speed by design). But when the rears spin, torque goes to the front to induce understeer or at least 4 wheel drift. I think it'd have swift lift-off oversteer, good rear traction on corner exit, and docile powersliding.

I don't think this characteristic (rear-engined 4WD) had been simulated anywhere before?
Umm.... just because it looks like a Porsche, it does not have to be based on one.
I'd rather see a FZ5 with less weight, and/or tires with more grip. (something between slicks and road tyres)

But i like the way it is now, too.
+1 for FZ5 4WD. Before I bought a license, I even thought it would be 4WD (Because it is based on Porsche 911 [According to the manual]).
I'd rather take a new car than a more boring version of FZ5...
Quote from frokki :I'd rather take a new car than a more boring version of FZ5...

Agreed
Quote from frokki :I'd rather take a new car than a more boring version of FZ5...

+1

I also like the way the FZ5 is now too though, so i would rather see a new car. Hayabusa engined buggy anyone?
#7 - ORION
+1 for merging this to "cars we wanna see in S3" -thread.
+0.5
the other 0.5 is because FZ50 & FZ50 AWD will be too less diffrent.
I wasn't really thinking a new car, but more like an option in the garage that lets you choose 4WD which perhaps comes with a weight penalty.
-1 i dont like this idea i love the RWD fz50
I have to say, I thought the FZO was like the Ferrari 575, or something near that mark. I just don't see it. However, I agree with yoyoML on the ability to choose between 4WD and 2WD in the pits
Quote from yoyoML :...an option in the garage that lets you choose 4WD which perhaps comes with a weight penalty.

That way it's a bit like making the UF1 a cabrio, or hard top.
*cough*FZT*cough*
or an FZ supercar that will go 200mph on road tires. GT3 RS like?
no RS
a Gemballa tuned car!!!!
Quote from Primoz :*cough*FZT*cough*

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Why don't we have a FZ Turbo? the GT3 is probably the FZR anyway.

I don't mind it the normal FZ5 is 4wd. Its a pretty good idea, for it being easier to handle.
I think I have an idea :P
A rallycross car that can go as fast as FZ5 and then we can put them in same class
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I think I have an idea :P
A rallycross car that can go as fast as FZ5 and then we can put them in same class

RBR? RB4 Rally Spec? lol. 300bhp rally rep...
Just curious...

@ Furiously-Fast, why are you calling shamrock a noob for what he is saying?

He is making a good point, but i dont know whether you get it or not?
If they consider it, they should use the 997TT!
A 4WD FZ50 with rear wheel bias (i.e. front torque will NEVER go beyond 40%, minimum 20% front) would be great fun. I'll rather have it set up with static F/R torque distribution like the RB4 than the real 911 turbos though. The 997 turbos are notorious for oversteering too much on liftoff and understeering too much on throttle, with very little possibility for behavior between those extremes.

If I were to add this car to LFS, I would basically set it up in its own class as the Supercar class, something LFS currently lacks. In reality, this is generating a gaping hole in LFS's car lineup and lots of needlessly wasted opportunities to open up a large but hopelessly undertapped market: Supercar Simulators. Then there is also the gaping lack of REALLY good rally cars, though that's not the focus here.

My specs:

Engine: 3.8L F-6 with VGT Turbo, Aluminum Matrix Composite. Camless.
Power: 410kW @ 6700rpm
Torque: 650Nm @ 3000-5500rpm
Redline: 7000rpm, 7500rpm cutoff
Mass: 1.75 metric tons with 85kg driver and full fuel load (100 liters)
Tires: 265/35/19 F, 335/30/18 R
Turning circle: 12m (reasonable for a monster tired supercar)
Top Speed: 320km/h

Note the relative LACK of mass compared to the real 997 turbos. This is due to use of carbon fiber or carbon fiber aluminum composites for all chassis and paneling components. The entire drivetrain will be made of various Titanium alloys.

4wd Fz50?
(109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG