The online racing simulator
Round 4: Pre-Race Discussion
Hello, drivers!

The following rules changes will be made for round 4:

1. Start time will be moved from 19:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC to a) compensate for daylight savings time, and to b) provide a little extra accommodation to drivers in eastern Europe. At the end of the season, we will look into a more drastic start time change, but this should be the only change to the start time for THIS season.

2. Post-race points penalties will be reduced from C1 5pts, C2 10pts, C3 15pts to C1 1pt, C2 5pts, C3 10pts. After seeing the penalties in action following the last round, we found them to be too harsh in practice.

3. The penalty for a Push Car rescue will be reduced from 5 minutes to 2.5 minutes. As above, we find 5 minutes to be an exorbitant penalty in practice, since at least a lap is already lost in the process of being rescued, and particularly since only one make of car is susceptible to beaching under normal circumstances.

Attached is the layout for AS4. Suggestions are welcome, as always.

Because there is very little empty space at the end of the Aston pit lane, the SC and PC will park at pit entry, as you can see in the pics below.

Good luck with your practice!

IGTC Admin Team
Attached images
AS4_1.jpg
AS4_2.jpg
AS4_3.jpg
Attached files
AS4_IGTC08.lyt - 788 B - 136 views
I forgot to bring this up after Fern Bay, but once I was caught out because of all the white lines across the road and released my speed limiter too early. Any chance the commit lines and wait lines could be a different colour to the speed limit lines? I know it should be really simple to tell which is which, but in the heat of the moment I got confused so it would be nice if it could be as clear as possible.
We could look into using more brightly coloured cones maybe but afaik the line colour can't be changed.
If everyone is comfortable with the SC pit exit procedures we could do away with the buffer zone, too.

It's only there as a preventative measure--to help people keep from exiting when it's closed.
Hello, drivers!

The following rules changes will be made for round 4:

1. Start time will be moved from 19:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC to a) compensate for daylight savings time, and to b) provide a little extra accommodation to drivers in eastern Europe. At the end of the season, we will look into a more drastic start time change, but this should be the only change to the start time for THIS season.

2. Post-race points penalties will be reduced from C1 5pts, C2 10pts, C3 15pts to C1 1pt, C2 5pts, C3 10pts. After seeing the penalties in action following the last round, we found them to be too harsh in practice.

3. The penalty for a Push Car rescue will be reduced from 5 minutes to 2.5 minutes. As above, we find 5 minutes to be an exorbitant penalty in practice, since at least a lap is already lost in the process of being rescued, and particularly since only one make of car is susceptible to beaching under normal circumstances.

Thanks, and good luck practicing!
IGTC Admin Team
Quote from DeadWolfBones :1. Start time will be moved from 19:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC to a) compensate for daylight savings time, and to b) provide a little extra accommodation to drivers in eastern Europe. At the end of the season, we will look into a more drastic start time change, but this should be the only change to the start time for THIS season.

Good to hear that guys, I hope for good race there in Aston. Will see, if wide track help to keep race clean.
#7 - Megin
Time shift is good for us as well. Now it is like in the beginning of cup. I hope there will be no SC phase like in KY National. But with our FXR we can challenge only with other FXR on this type of circuits. But we try our best!
#8 - Foqs
#10 - Foqs
Oh Sorry then, didn't see this thread.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG