The online racing simulator

Poll : What brand GPU do you have?

nVidia
ATi
Integrated GPU
It was my understanding that the 9800gtx+ was manufactured with 65nm tech, but the gts 250 was the one with 55nm. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain. (btw, would it be worth getting 1gb version instead of 512mb if I run 1440x900?)

on topic: XFX 7600 GT XXX
got an xfx Geforce 8800gt Alphadog bios moded to 670 core, 1000 mem. and 1700 on shaders. Runs crysis decently with modified TOD's and new extreme details config.
gpu-z validation: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/nf28a/
Attached images
Untitled-1.png
Quote from MijnWraak :It was my understanding that the 9800gtx+ was manufactured with 65nm tech, but the gts 250 was the one with 55nm. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain. (btw, would it be worth getting 1gb version instead of 512mb if I run 1440x900?)

on topic: XFX 7600 GT XXX

http://www.dvhardware.net/article28059.html

The GeForce 9800GTX cards are all 65nm. However Nvidia moved to 55nm and called them the 9800GTX+. These cards are far superior, much higher clock speeds, I mean, majorly higher clocks, less heat, less power, huge overhead for overclocking. The true reason for Nvidia going to the 55nm process with the 9800GTX+ was actually a test bed for the upcoming GTS 250. It's identical to the 9800GTX+ 1GB, except that they bumped the memory up to 1100, so 2200, versus the 9800GTX+ 2000mhz. Although virtually everyone who owns a 9800GTX+ has overclocked the memory to at least 2200 with ease, with very little tempurature change, these cards are kick ass at 55nm.
ain't the 9800gtx+ and the gts 250 the same card? I thought i read the new 9800gtx+'s are called the gts 250.
The extreme edition by XFX.
Runs pretty hot though. 75-80 degrees under load, and it idles at around 56 degrees.
Attached images
trt.png
Quote from Stiggie :The extreme edition by XFX.
Runs pretty hot though. 75-80 degrees under load, and it idles at around 56 degrees.

What processor do you have and how is the performance of this card, i might be buying one of these.

Also how much did it cost?
Quote from G!NhO :What processor do you have and how is the performance of this card, i might be buying one of these.

Get a 2nd 4850. Cheaper and about as fast(er) then a gtx280 on the benchmarks i've seen.
Quote from Bose321 :Get a 2nd 4850. Cheaper and about as fast(er) then a gtx280 on the benchmarks i've seen.

AnTI have buggy drivers and crappy CP (CCC), and you smell AnTI fanboy.
Quote from Shadowww :AnTI have buggy drivers and crappy CP (CCC), and you smell AnTI fanboy.

You are the one that smells of Nvidia fanboyism. ATI was ridden with buggy drivers back about 2 years ago. Since then they have been flattened out and are as stable as nvidia's. (I have owned a 7600gt, 4870, and a gtx 260 core216 is on it's way, so don't call me a fanboy) Albeit, I prefer Nvidia's AA along with its control panel and folding power above ATI, but that doesn't make ATI worse.
Quote from Shadowww :AnTI have buggy drivers and crappy CP (CCC), and you smell AnTI fanboy.

I "personally" find their drivers OK and I have no problem navigating the CCC, I rarely even have to open it, right click on the tray tool icon tends to let me change what I need.

Since my Nvidia 6200 that this PC originally came with, having ripped it's guts out and replaced it the innards, I've gone through an ATi X800XL which was great and overclocked nicely. Then I had an ATi X1900XT which again, overclocked to 5% past the XTX speeds without a problem. Now I'm on my 2900HD running standard clock speeds and it all the games I play fine..

I've never had a failure from ATi but I'm thinking of getting the new Nvidia GTXsomething or other, simply because it's rated as better than ATi equivalent but I don't know/care. It's fine as it is and I'm not in a rush to change it.
Quote from MijnWraak : You are the one that smells of Nvidia fanboyism. ATI was ridden with buggy drivers back about 2 years ago. Since then they have been flattened out and are as stable as nvidia's. (I have owned a 7600gt, 4870, and a gtx 260 core216 is on it's way, so don't call me a fanboy) Albeit, I prefer Nvidia's AA along with its control panel and folding power above ATI, but that doesn't make ATI worse.

ORLY? While mine PSU was failing, LFS was running like 45-50 fps with HD3200. But what a 45-50 fps?! I mean, do AnTI cheat framerate? It looked as choppy as 15 fps, really.
Quote from Shadowww :ORLY? While mine PSU was failing, LFS was running like 45-50 fps with HD3200. But what a 45-50 fps?! I mean, do AnTI cheat framerate? It looked as choppy as 15 fps, really.

WARNING: Fanboy Logic (TM) Detected. Brain reinstall might be necessary.
Quote from Thunderhead :WARNING: Fanboy Logic (TM) Detected. Brain reinstall might be necessary.

orly?
Mine 600W PSU failed, so while it was on warranty, I had to use 300W PSU. It wasn't able to power 9800GT, so I had to use onboard (on motherboard) Radeon HD3200.
Quote from Shadowww :orly?
Mine 600W PSU failed, so while it was on warranty, I had to use 300W PSU. It wasn't able to power 9800GT, so I had to use onboard (on motherboard) Radeon HD3200.

Oh I see.

I thought you had a something similar to me: nVidia 8800 GTS, and a failing Corsair HX520 PSU which we figured out that was the culprit later. Anyway during trouble shooting we started lfs and although the fps counter showed 250+ everything looked more like 0 fps. Changed to other PSU-works flawlessly.

Sorry.

But, still, the fact that you pretty much insulted Bose, are 3 years behind with the knowledge of Ati drivers which you base around their low end GPU(atleast you seem so,)(if we had this convo 3 years ago, I'd call ati crap too, but when someone sorts their shit out, due credit is due), does demand an brain reinstall.
Quote from G!NhO :What processor do you have and how is the performance of this card, i might be buying one of these.

If you would've taken your time to post that.. you would have looked at my sig where it clearly says ''Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz.''
The performance is great, i can just play virtually every game on high(est) settings, 1680x1050 without any problems. It's comparable to the GTX280.
If you want even more power, you could look for the XFX GTX 260 XXX, or the XFX GTX 260 Black Edition. I don't see why this would be neccesary, as this thing has all the power you need imho.
However, if you've got a small screen, you won't even need this kind of power. the 4850 or 4870 or whatever you have now would be plenty. I don't see why you would want to buy a new videocard..
Bought it for 179,95 at paradigit, but the price has gone up to 189,95 since i bought one.
Quote from Stiggie :If you would've taken your time to post that.. you would have looked at my sig where it clearly says ''Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz.''
The performance is great, i can just play virtually every game on high(est) settings, 1680x1050 without any problems. It's comparable to the GTX280.
If you want even more power, you could look for the XFX GTX 260 XXX, or the XFX GTX 260 Black Edition. I don't see why this would be neccesary, as this thing has all the power you need imho.
However, if you've got a small screen, you won't even need this kind of power. the 4850 or 4870 or whatever you have now would be plenty. I don't see why you would want to buy a new videocard..
Bought it for 179,95 at paradigit, but the price has gone up to 189,95 since i bought one.

I ordered one of these for $155usd. Arrived today and couldn't be happier. Much better frames than 4870, as the games I play (source games mostly) prefer Nvidia. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a card at this budget. Prices have really plummeted! Bought it for futureproofing for Diablo III, Cities XL, and Starcraft II. Wanted the PhysX tech for other games, too. Hope card doesn't crap out a day after warranty
Shadowww, You say I'm a fanboy?
How can you compare a HD3200 to a 9800? Please tell me. And I don't know what you're talking about with the drivers, because I never had trouble with them, and then run great. Just because you compare less good ATi's with better Nvidiots(take that), doesn't mean ATi is crap. It seems you know quite less about graphics cards, because you just spam in personal things, and not in facts. Please, don't reply with useless stuff. Just have a normal discussion for a change.
Quote from Bose321 :Shadowww, You say I'm a fanboy?
How can you compare a HD3200 to a 9800? Please tell me. And I don't know what you're talking about with the drivers, because I never had trouble with them, and then run great. Just because you compare less good ATi's with better Nvidiots(take that), doesn't mean ATi is crap. It seems you know quite less about graphics cards, because you just spam in personal things, and not in facts. Please, don't reply with useless stuff. Just have a normal discussion for a change.

I don't compare HD3200 with 9800GT, AnTI(take that) fanboy. It looked as choppy as 10-15 fps when fps counter showed 40-50 fps.
And that's your argument to conclude CCC and ATI drivers are crappy?
It's far more likely that the reasons are non-driver related. You said you switched from 9800GT from 3200HD. Did you use driver removal tool? Even if you did use it, are you sure you properly removed everything, many removal tools leave stuff. Perhaps LFS was printing the wrong numbers, did you try FRAPS, or some other game? Etc, etc... And besides, it's far more important what the card's performance was, than what one particular game printed out.

My dad has nVidia 6150 IGP and LFS is a lot choppier than on my 4870. Must be crappy nVidia drivers, right?
Quote from AutoPilot :And that's your argument to conclude CCC and ATI drivers are crappy?
It's far more likely that the reasons are non-driver related. You said you switched from 9800GT from 3200HD. Did you use driver removal tool? Even if you did use it, are you sure you properly removed everything, many removal tools leave stuff. Perhaps LFS was printing the wrong numbers, did you try FRAPS, or some other game? Etc, etc... And besides, it's far more important what the card's performance was, than what one particular game printed out.

I installed XP AFTER I removed 9800GT, so it didn't had NVidia drivers.
LFS was installed after it too.
Quote from AutoPilot :My dad has nVidia 6150 IGP and LFS is a lot choppier than on my 4870. Must be crappy nVidia drivers, right?

But you don't have 40-50 fps which look like 10-15 fps, do you?
omg, retard-weekend?

whatever, nvidia or ati, they're good at different things.
i.e i had an old gefore2 pro.. it was good as hell, tho it didnt work in all the games i had so.. bought an ati 9200le, it was good, for awhile... upgraded my comp, got an 7300gt, it was AWESOME.. upgraded again -> 7800GTX, and now im on a 8800GT..

my point is, we all go through different stages in life where we love one brand, then move on and gets the other brand.. all my cards have been awesome tbh, just that you need to upgrade after a while anyhow.

im guessing my next card will be an ATI nnnnx2 as i have always wanted one of those and it will kick the crap out of the card i have now. so tbh its not comparable..

fanboy this, fanboy that... its just bullshit anyway. we will NEVER think the same about all stuff that u can put in a computer ffs.. sure im not an ATI-lover.. but i would sure as hell want to try one of their newer cards.

EDIT: whats up with the poll? "nvidia, ati or integrated" ? wtf.. if i have an integrated ati/nvidia, how do i do then? :/ should be like "intel, nvidia, ati etc etc etc etc"
Quote from Jakg :Log:
Matrox {something}
No idea,
Sapphire ATi Radeon 9000 Pro (with a 1.1 GHz Duron it was a beast - maxxed NFS:STFU!),
Sapphire ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB,
2x XFX nVidia 6600GT's 256MB (In SLi, which never worked),
Gainward nVidia 7950GT 256MB "Golden Sample",
Asus nVidia 8800GTX,
Asus nVidia 6600GT "Silencer" (Second card added for SoftTH),
PNY nVidia 8800GT 512 MB

And now an HIS ATi 4830 for PC #2
Quote from Jakg :And now an HIS ATi 4830 for PC #2

All in one computer or what?
I have an ASUS EN9600 GT GPU currently, it's powered by thea Nvidia GeForce 9600GT chip. my first computer back in '02 had an integrated Intel card (10 FPS on LFS or less), then my next PC had an Ati Radeon Xpress 200 Series (integrated with 128 mb max). The integrated GPU that came with this computer's MB (ASUS M2NPV-VM, a media centre board) is an Nvidia GeForce 6 series (256 mb max), my PC was supposed to be a media centre for the TV, but the tuner card for it was not working.
Little question: Temperature-wise, i would like to know how these temperatures of my XFX GTX 260 216 are. It idles at around 56º, full-load (Crysis) 76º-80º. This is at the stock clocks (621/1350/2000) Do these temperatures sound reasonable, and not harmfull for the core? I'm worried about it running too hot.

What brand GFX card do you have?
(285 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG